This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ads are taking over my computer, help?
03-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Ads are taking over my computer, help?
at the moment im using firefox and i recently tried looking for websites where i could stream one of my favorite shows for free and while going from website to website i noticed that my computer started getting pop-ups and ads started overwhelming all of the normal websites i go to such as youtube, twitter, and facebook. did i give my computer a virus or is this ad issue something that can be fixed with a few clicks?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 12:39 PM

use AD Block Plus

Ads

03-12-2014, 12:43 PM

oh god i know how it feels im about to save your life. if you completely want to get rid of any pop ups, commercials, sound ads that play in background and even block the commercials on youtube; you can do all this in just 2 clicks on GOOGLE CHROME. google chrome has a feature of adding something called "extensions" that get rid of all these, after u get chrome: ITS REALLY SIMPLE NOT MANY STEPS AT ALL I JUST LIKE TO MAKE REALLY DETAILED STEPS.

1:click on the drop down menu(top right corner) to get to the settings or history
2: click on extensions (inbetween history and settings)
3: click on "get more extensions" on the bottom
4:to get rid of all the pop ups type in "Ad Block" then you'll see several results click on the picture with the "hand" sign.( its the best on)
5: it will then automatically open a new tab and places it in chrome on top right corner.
6:now if you want to get rid of youtube commercials, go to extensions and search for "youtube block" then you should see it called "ScrewAds" click on add and you are done!

im not sure about firefox.
03-12-2014, 12:46 PM

I recommend using Spybot Search n Destroy to get rid of whatever is messing up your computer. It's free and has fixed similar problems on my computers over many years. A link to download it is below.