This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wasn't included in first round of invites...should I still go?
03-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Wasn't included in first round of invites...should I still go?
A few hours ago, I got a Facebook invite to an event that was created a month ago. It's very clear I was not initially included in the invite list. It is a Murder Mystery type of party, so I am assuming that there may only be a certain amount of guests, so when enough people declined I got invited. My first instinct was to accept the invite and go and have a good time, but now I'm starting to think otherwise.

In this "group" I'm not very well liked by maybe 2 or 3 people for things I did about 3-5 years ago. Mostly for reasons I am not fully aware (only guesses). Either way I am not at all the same person I used to be, but if they don't like me or want to spend time with me, I can accept it. So if some of these people are going to be at the party, should I just not go? I wasn't included initially anyways, and what if it was just a pity invite type of thing. I'm also slightly hurt that I wasn't on the first round of invites...but I think it is rude to just ask my friend why I wasn't invited the first time...Should I ask? Should I go? Any advice?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 12:45 PM

It's my opinion that you already have a bad attitude about the whole event and are perhaps a bit paranoid that I wouldn't bother going.

Whether you go or not at some point you have to grow up. If you were to go the person that invited you isn't the one you have or had problems with, correct? If you didn't have problems with the host then it should be no concern of yours that several other people didn't care for you, it isn't their party. You don't know the reason behind why you weren't on the first list it could be for a number of reasons for which you will never know. If you are offended, hurt or paranoid about it just decline the offer and let it go.

Ads

03-12-2014, 12:55 PM

For gods sake just go. So you weren&#x27;t invited the first time. You said so yourself it was probably because of numbers. You probably shouldn&#x27;t go because you&#x27;ll probably go with a scowl. Lighten up, it&#x27;s not that bad.
03-12-2014, 01:04 PM

Maybe they have limited room but had a whole list of people they wanted to invite. I certainly wouldn't ask but neither would I try to read anything negative into it. Just not my style.

Either go because it sounds fun and something you want to do, or decline and beat yourself up over it later. You may not be the same person you were a few years ago - but remember, neither are they.