This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I make sure my followers can see an @reply on twitter?
03-12-2014, 06:55 PM
How can I make sure my followers can see an @reply on twitter?
I am setting up a Twitter account to use in a school. I want the students to be able to reply to my tweets and for all my followers (ie other students) to be able to see these replies automatically in their timeline so as to promote discussion and participation.

Will this happen if they reply using an @mention or will it just appear on my profile? I know it won't happen if they use @reply at the start, and .@reply seems to make it visible only to their followers, not mine. I don't want them to have to keep checking my profile for new related tweets.

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 06:57 PM

i hope u know u dont need to put the mention or reply after the @. just @(username).
if someone replies to u, other people wont be able to see it unless they follow the person who replied to u and u.
its sort of confusing to explain it so. i'll give u an example:

so u are going to be T1, the student will be S1, and other people/ur followers will be C1.

so say T1 puts out a tweet and S1 replies to you. C1 can not see the reply unless they ...
1). follow both T1 and S1. or
2) goes in the search bar and puts in "@T1" (replace T1 with ur username)

oh and it also matters if everyone's account is private or public. i would recommend public because its more than just one class.

if T1 wants C1 (your followers) to see S1's tweet without having to follow both T1 and S1 then T1 will have to retweet what S1 said. there is a retweet button. so for example u would have to go to the home tab all the way on the top then go to "@T1" tab which is inbetween the activity and timeline tabs, (below the what's happening box). and then find the tweet and retweet it. use that if whatever they said was important.

oh and twitter automatically updates ur timeline.

i hope this wasn't confusing. i kind of get what you were trying to ask but just start experimenting. what i would do if u really want to know what your doing is create two accounts. and start to play around with it. its fairly easy to use after a few uses. and again it also depends if u put the account on private/public. if its private only ur followers can see it not other people. so i would ask ur students to follow everyone in ur class including urself. and if something is important that one class said and u want another class to know what it is then retweet it. most of the time its just more easy to go into the search bar and put "@(yourusername)" and every times someone tweets you they will see it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply