This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I can't change "everyone" on facebooks privacy search option. Help?!?!?
03-12-2014, 09:24 PM
I can't change "everyone" on facebooks privacy search option. Help?!?!?
I wan't to make my facebook unsearchable however when i go to privacy settings > connecting on facebook, the "Search for you on Facebook" option is set to everyone, when i click on it it only offers me "everyone" again. Why can't i change this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 09:30 PM

ugh i really dont know i have the same problem! eerrrr anoying!!

Ads

03-12-2014, 09:37 PM

Ya! That's ridiculous. I think its a glitch. I searched it in Help and they said to click that drop-down box and change it, which isn't possible because there's only one option. So, I reported it as wrong information. Hopefully that'll get Facebook on it
03-12-2014, 09:47 PM

In fact you should try to use another browser because most of these problems are related to your browser :-) Good Luck!
03-12-2014, 09:58 PM

This is very frustrating. I was able to get around this because I had a specific person that I didn't want to be able to search for me for my protection.

What I did was I found the person I wanted NOT to find me through the Facebook search engine. Then I clicked on their profile. On the left hand side of the page in blue letters it gives me the option to "report/block this person." So I clicked that option and it brought up a new box with multiple options and I chose the one at the bottom that said "block this person" which means that they won't find me in a search and I won't find them in a search. I tried searching for their name to find them like I did at the beginning of the process, and I couldn't find them again. Then, I made up a fake person in facebook and tried it with a friend who I had block my fake person to see if it would work both ways and it did work.

Hope that helps a little.
03-12-2014, 10:03 PM

Yea im pissed, this is bull$&*t they better hurry the hell up before Im found by specific people Im trying to stay hidden from.
03-12-2014, 10:09 PM

It's really disappointing and annoying. I also can't set my privacy search option to "friends only" and there's no "friends of friends" because "everyone" is the only option. Boo!

I hope facebook will fix this soon. It's not that I'm trying to hide my account from a lot of people, I just don't want to encourage online voyeurism at my expense.

Even if there are some people that I do want to hide from, blocking them is not the best solution. Come on, some people are friends of the people we know. Who knows one day they'll share the same computer so some of them can still see our profile in a way and it's not an odd chance.

Facebook is always having the habit of exposing everyone. I understand the purpose of social networking but why are there not too many privacy options? Maybe I'll just close down my account.
03-12-2014, 10:19 PM

I'm having the same problem and I'm not very happy about it.
It's also NOT a browser issue. I have tried Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari.
I hope facebook puts it back the way it was. This is a VERY serious issue.
03-12-2014, 10:27 PM

I also tried with Opera. Same problem. Very serious issue indeed.
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM

I have this problem too. Cant do it on ipad or facebook app either. What is going on ?