This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would this get me into big trouble if I was found out?
03-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Would this get me into big trouble if I was found out?
There is an American reality star, not a massive A-list celebrity, but is on a REALLY popular TV reality cable show. I extensively researched her family/connections/history, I know like every cousin of hers now, every relative... I searched for photos of one of her father's cousins and created a Facebook using his name, photos and place of work to trick her into adding me on Facebook. On her PRIVATE facebook page. The relative is kind of elderly, so he didn't have his own page already. .I attempted to friend her as myself (not impersonating) on her private page many times but she never accepted, but when I impersonated her relative.... she accepted within the hour. I was so excited!! Could i get into any kind of trouble or go to jail. By the way, I did this eleven months ago, im still friends with her, she hasn't found out

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 11:59 PM

I don't know if it's illegal but it sounds wrong to trick a person like that, and you really need to put your focus on something else. This sounds awfully close to stalking if it's not.

Ads

03-13-2014, 12:13 AM

Don't worry about it. YOu can only get in trouble for impersonation, identity theft, maybe fraud.

I would be more worried about ending up on some government watchlist, lol.
03-13-2014, 12:22 AM

Impersonation is a federal crime and people on reality TV shows are not celebrities. They are average Joes who applied and were chosen amongst the applicants. When the show is over, they go back to being nobodies. Few don't. Some dabbled in acting or a related type of work and we see them every now and then, occasionally if they were loved a whole lot or hated a whole lot, someone may invite them to a talk show hoping for a larger audience and improved ratings on that episode.