This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Isn't it refreshing to see that the majority of the world is now Atheistic in thinking?
03-13-2014, 06:02 AM
Isn't it refreshing to see that the majority of the world is now Atheistic in thinking?
Although most of the world is now Atheistic, things are just beginning to change here in America but it is like a breathe of fresh air. I credit is all to people becoming more educated and more informed to the atrocities of religion. It is not difficult to see the self-righteousness and hate that has always been demonstrated by the faithful but it is just wonderful to see more people opening their minds to the only truth in modern science.

The main problem with God and all religion for me is that it is so very illogical. I had my doubts from the time I was first brought to a Christian church at 5 years old. By then I knew my parents were lying about Santa, the Easter bunny, the tooth fairy and a good many other things. So when they started telling me the rubbish about God being all powerful and everywhere I knew it must be more lies.

If God is real then why would he create imperfect people in an imperfect world and then punish them for being imperfect?

And why would an all powerful God allow children to suffer un-mercillesly at the hands of men who were supposed to be representing him and doing his work?

Why would an all powerful God allow any child to suffer ever?

Why wouldn't an all powerful and perfect God make people in his own image, perfect and incorruptible?

Wouldn't it make more sense to create perfect people in a perfect world that lived in happiness and got along if you yourself were perfect and all powerful?

If the world and people were created by a God then it was anything but perfect, especially if we were created in it's own image.

No, it is much more likely that religion was created by the wealthy men to control all women and the poor and to make them give them their money. Religion is just a con game like all con games. You've won a free vacation and all you have to pay is the sales tax! Just give me your credit card numbers and you win a free vacation!

Atheism is now the fastest growing religious belief in the world.

"There is simply nothing we can do about the spread and rise of Atheism except pray that they treat Christians better than we have treated them." - Anonymous Youth Pastor.

http://www.richarddawkins.net/news_artic...e-millions

http://theweek.com/article/index/226625/...in-america

http://www.economist.com/node/21560874

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...649AASoCsL

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2014, 06:09 AM

You are sadly mistaken. The vast majority of people on this planet still believe in sky critters for some reason..

Ads

03-13-2014, 06:22 AM

I wish you were right, but atheists are still the minority.
03-13-2014, 06:28 AM

Actually 3/4 of America is still Christian, and probably about the same in the rest of the world. However yes, it is one of the fastest growing belief systems (not religions) in the world
03-13-2014, 06:43 AM

No. It is hatred for religions, because religions were dishonest.
03-13-2014, 06:47 AM

I believe that 98% of the world believes in a God.

Which world are you living in?
03-13-2014, 06:56 AM

Claiming something based in your desire doesn't make it so. There are countless religions and therefore BILLIONS of religious, while one can still personally count atheists by comparison.

Regardless, how come it's argument from popularity when others do it but somehow elevated to sound reasoning when you do it?!
03-13-2014, 07:02 AM

Atheism is nowhere close to the majority.
03-13-2014, 07:17 AM

Even as an atheists, I can't agree with most of what you've said. Most of the world is not atheistic, it's not a religious belief (well, I suppose it's a stance on religion, but I would argue there's a difference). Religion may be used for nefarious means, but that doesn't mean that it was created for it.
03-13-2014, 07:27 AM

Well, there's actually a pretty simple answer to your questions, as they're all very similar and they deal with the question of if God is perfect and good, why is there suffering (which is a very good question, by the way). I'm sure at some point among your ruminations with your friends or on the internet or whatever that you've stumbled on the truth that if happiness was all you had, you wouldn't be happy. There's your answer. If God took away our free will and all we had was happy, would it be happy? Life experience tell us now. Also, the fact that we are "corruptible" is in God's image; He has freewill; if He wanted to, He could do bad things just like us (remember, omnipotence). And about religion being created by rich man for their gain, the example of Christianity tells a very different story. For 350 years, before the Edict of Milan, Christians were persecuted and killed for their beliefs. Early Christians weren't rich; most were normal people. Even today, priests are overworked and underpayed. Not to mention the "sacrifices" of every sensual hedonistic pleasure, such as alchoholism, anger, casual sex, you name it. Christianity is a struggle and a sacrifice, and anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell you something.