This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YOUTUBERS: What is your opinion on the new YouTube trends?
03-13-2014, 03:50 PM
YOUTUBERS: What is your opinion on the new YouTube trends?
If you are a Youtube watcher who enjoys watching people like
Jack and Finn
Alfie deyes
Marcus Butler
Sam Pepper
Dan and Phil
Smosh
etc etc...
then you will probably understand where im coming from a bit more than people who aren't really familiar.
but just hear me out on this regardless.

So it might just be me...
But have you guys noticed a change in Youtube?
For example here are the things i have noticed.
Years ago, Youtube use to be a place where people just upload vids for fun.
Because it was something they wanted to do and because they wanted to show the world there creations.There were no "Youtube Celebrities" and there weren't ads and there weren't ant "getting payed to get viewed"

Now, there are these Youtube stars and beauty gurus and daily vloggers who make these videos to get views/money
And in NO WAY am i saying that is a bad thing
by all means do what you need to do

but here is something i have a problem with...

have you guys noticed the increasing amount of people who are trying to start youtube because of this?
SOOO many people...are trying to do the whole "daily vlogg" thing or "makeup/outfit" thing or the whole "things people do" videos and not that its any of my business (im just stating my opinion) it kind of upsets me when i watch these "new youtubers"and they are literally coping other Youtubers. Like for example...ive noticed a LOT of people use the same background music as a certain youtuber. And even the same outro as another youtuber.

And its quite apparent who they are coping. and it just kind of upsets me because i mean...
by all means do what you want...its a free country.
But im just upset that people aren't being..THEMSELVES.

Have you ever gone on youtube and typed in
"My first video" or "Welcome to my channel" and watched some of the new youtubers?

i have to say i am quite upset. at what its leading up to.
These trends...
i mean...just as an example
we already have a Dan and Phill
we already have a Marcus Butler
we already have a tit load of beauty gurus doing the same shiz everyone else is doing(no offense just my humble opinion)
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE
im so sick of people not being themselves
like i know its hard sometimes but Youtube is a place where you can be yourself and yeah people might say some nasty things about you but at the end of the day, people are going to talk trash about you either way so why not just be yourself.

For example...the whole
"omg im so awkward" thing that everyone is talking about...
like idk if its me..
but every were...twitter tumblr youtube...
im seeing "im socially challenged" and blah blah blah

like if you're awkward...okay
but if you aren't awkward then dont say that you are just to "fit in" with trends or whatever.

Basically...
I want to know...
is it me or do youguys notice this too?
What are your opinions about youtube?
How do you feel about interned trends?
What are some trends you notice?
How have you seen youtube change over the years?

just basically anything you want to say.
i know im probably going to get shiz for this but...its my opinion.
just let me know what you think lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2014, 03:56 PM

btw nice topic and essay Tongue
every1 has noticed that ..its not me n u..youtube have become little business type..n more a promotion type site.i like internet trending alot check this out http://earnlikesfast.blogspot.in/
youtube have change in many ways..from looks to earns..from users to channel(vast topic)
i think it nice upgradation is good..if it would have been that same dumb site then it would only have that same users ...

Ads

03-13-2014, 04:08 PM

how long did that take you too type xx
03-13-2014, 04:17 PM

Some people just want to get famous easy although getting youtube famous is far from easy.
Almost all of the top youtubers have been doing their thing for years now. For example, Smosh and Nigahiga started to become noticed in 2006 (Smosh even had the most watched video on youtube at one point), before all that making money type of thing. Their videos were done in their bedrooms on crappy cameras but they were so fun to watch because of their natural creativeness, funniness and charisma. I don't watch Smosh anymore but even though Nigahiga is famous he's still the same creative and funny guy he was in 2006.
There are only some people who have that spark to become well known on youtube but there are so many people who are trying but are missing something compared to, say Nigahiga or Jenna Marbles. So, yeah I notice these trends and it's ridiculous.
I love youtube, it's a great place for people to get great, free and quick entertainment. And also it's good for people who have a passion for entertaining others and they can profit from it too if they are lucky. I envy the top youtubers for being able to have a job they love, rather than being stuck in an office in front of a computer screen, looking at a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet ><
Trends I've noticed is dancing, haha. Gangnam style and Harlem Shake for example. However, there's always, always been trends on youtube Tongue