This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am his other woman…should I be offended by his Facebook activity?
03-14-2014, 12:04 AM
I am his other woman…should I be offended by his Facebook activity?
So I have been talking to this guy who has a serious girlfriend (been together for 5 years) for about 5 months. We have hooked up a few times. We usually message each other on Facebook as opposed to texting per his request. Anyways I saw him the other day. Once we got home we were messaging each other on Facebook about how we couldn't wait to see each other. He was calling me baby saying he missed me already. Literally 30 minutes later I went to check his message and he BLOCKED me.

I texted him asking him what was up and he said that he will "sometimes block me when he goes on Facebook with his girl" He has never blocked me before. I told him that i don't want to be his burden and to just tell me if he doesn't want this anymore... His response was
" you have to understand my situation and respect my decisions. I am not going to cut you off. You know i am not going to stop talking to you"

I said i understood and he unblocked me. I saw him last friday night. Literally, right after I dropped him off saturday morning, before he went to work, he deactivated his old Facebook and created a completely new one. I haven't messaged him on it yet but I just don't understand why he did this...I don't want to text him because he always tells me not to text him but to message him on Facebook. It's Tuesday and he hasn't reached out to me yet but I don't want to message him now because he just created this new facebook...

Why, on earth, is he doing this on Facebook? I know for sure he deactivated the old one, that he has had for three years because of me and his girl..

I know I am a jerk for being the other woman, please don't be rude. Please don't lecture me and just answer the question I asked.
Please answer the question: why is he doing this on Facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 12:16 AM

didn't waste time reading all that.
If you know you are the other woman, then no.
Someday, you'll be the main squeeze and someone else will be the other woman.

Ads

03-14-2014, 12:22 AM

Oh this is just awful, awful I say. Almost cried when I read it. If you want to be the other woman, then you need to play the part. You are failing at this. You will always be the other, which means you come second. Where I come from, second, that means first loser. I am not being rude, just telling you what you need to hear.
03-14-2014, 12:30 AM

He&#x27;s using you for sex and thinks he can treat u how ever he wants. He&#x27;s right- u are letting him.
03-14-2014, 12:41 AM

You know the old saying "you are what you eat"? Well this applies, if you act like a whore then don't expect to be treated like his princess.

Im not lecturing you either, but you seem quite happy being the other woman, if that were truly the case you wouldn't care whether he unblocked you or made a new facebook account.
03-14-2014, 12:54 AM

Well id hope u already know its a bad decision to be the other woman as im sure if u 2 were in a relationshop u would be upset if he had someone besides u. As for him he sounds very selfish and doesnt know what he wants and damn sure doesnt respect u or your feelings. My advice? Leave him alone and find another who wont hide u cuz youll be his 1 and only. Good luck!
03-14-2014, 01:02 AM

I don't get the purpose of wasting your time this way. He's clearly not going to leave his girlfriend for you, as he has shown who is more important to him by blocking you on Facebook. He doesn't want to ruin his relationship (in spite of the fact he's already doing so by cheating) which means he picked her over you. To him, you're excitement, while she's stability. Excitement is fun, but most people wouldn't throw away stability for that. There is a reason he's with her instead of you.

The real question is, what are you getting out of being the other woman? You don't get his full attention. You don't get love.
03-14-2014, 01:18 AM

He is doing it because he is hiding you,he does not want his girlfriend to find any trace of you and he is scared that she is going to find out,maybe she has become suspicious and is onto him so he is shutting out ways for you to contact him.

He only wants to contact you when he wants you around,he wants to keep the control so that he can keep you a secret and not have his girlfriend accidentally stumble across you,first he would block you at times when she was around,now he has closed his old account and has a new one,he is scared that she is about to find him out.

This is what being the other woman is like,you never know where you stand and you always come last,you will spend days,even weeks questioning his thoughts and actions but you will never be clear about them because you are not his priority,that isn't a lecture by the way,it's just the truth about the position you are in and you really should ask yourself if this is how you want to be treated because it wont change.
03-14-2014, 01:22 AM

He's just doing that because he needs to cover his tracks. I'm sure you can understand why he'd be extra cautious. He's politely giving you signs to stop contacting him on facebook because it's risky... and you have no right to have any opinion on what he does and how he does it. Like everyone else said, you're the OTHER woman, and you come second. End of story. If you want to avoid the offense, then find your own man.
03-14-2014, 01:28 AM

I would say she discovered your indiscretions on his messages. That would explain why he blocked you (she was probably right there and made him), then unblocked you (after she had left the room or went to their bed), and finally deactivated his account (she probably found out he unblocked you so forced him to do this). I would leave him alone, although I would never have put myself in this situation in the first place. You have to know that he is using you for sex?!?!?! I don't mean to sound bitchy but what did you expect that he would leave his long time girlfriend for you? Is that what you really thought would happen? Nine times out of ten that is not the case. Committed men seldom leave their wifes/girlfriends for their mistress.