This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people post stupid things about God on Facebook and other networking sites?
03-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Why do people post stupid things about God on Facebook and other networking sites?
Most of my relatives constantly post stupid things about God on Facebook. For example, one of them posted "thank god for cures like chemotherapy, vaccines and for God being an all round cool guy Smile"

I of course, retaliated and said that if god is real (he isn't), then it was HIM that created cancer and many other diseases in the first place! It was Science that created vaccinations and many other things that has helped somewhat "cure" cancer.

And all of those people that he killed in the Bible doesn't make him seem like an ok guy. Some of my relatives then began to tell me off, like I'm a child! I of course told them to get an education and stop believe in magic fairies. The truth is that they are SO uneducated about the Bible. They have no idea what's in it. They claim to be Christian and believe in God's but not even one reads the Bible, goes to church or even prays regularly!

So why are my relatives idiotic???
@Leshawna:
If only it were prayers that were the problem! They constantly object to other beliefs simply because they were born into Christianity by chance. They're not fundamental, they're just too stupid about religion. I mean, as if a God (if one existed) is going to check your Facebook to see what you type about him! It's completely absurd!
@Jereh:
Everything I post is informative, educational and about my life (I'm talking about Facebook). How does calling out stupidity make me a bigot? People like you (such as some of my family members) are terrified of hearing the truth and the truth is that you're an idiot. I mean seriously, learn how to capitalise the very first letter of a sentence, it's basic primary school stuff...
@I didn't mean to make you blue:
Of course I love them all dearly, in spite of their flaws. I am not perfect either, I struggle with life just as they do. And I wouldn't trade them for the world but they annoy me sometimes just as I annoy them.
@n2themis:
Was my question too rivitive and complex for you to understand? You're Christian, so I'm not exactly surprised... And yes, it was my Facebook page. I care because it was on MY page. And don't give me this bull about you not caring what others believe! Is that why in your previous answers you're constantly insulting atheists because they don't believe in your god? I also care because YOUR religion is butting its ugly and vile face into my life!
@Gregory: SIGH!
I don't even know where to start with you.........
@/:
Quite brace of you to stand up to your family like that *applauds*.
BRAVE I meant lol. Damn auto correct!
@Fisty:
Exactly............

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 12:47 AM

Remove them from your news feed. I completely understand what you mean; I have the same problem. I was Hindu; atheist now. I don't like seeing Hindu prayers every morning when I log onto Facebook.

Ads

03-14-2014, 12:48 AM

so they post stupid things and you don't?

really now...

I call bigot
03-14-2014, 12:50 AM

Don't you like your family?
03-14-2014, 12:53 AM

religion is a popular delusion....just like Justin beiber has talent or reality tv is a benefit to humanity.....
03-14-2014, 01:04 AM

Thank god for all the pain and grief and stuff.
03-14-2014, 01:19 AM

I didn't even read all your question. If it doesn't concern you stay out of it. Does it bother you? Is it your FB page? It seems people who dislike Christian's spend alot of time worrying about Christian's and what they believe. I don't care what everyone else believes.
03-14-2014, 01:24 AM

to showing off. God love me. only me
03-14-2014, 01:28 AM

I assume that your relatives are Protestant evangelicals or charismatics cause most other Christian types don't do stupid stuff like that. Evangelicals and charismatics do because their status of god warrior requires them to fight Satan and the evils of the universe by constantly fighting for "god" and "godly" action and getting "persecuted" for their beliefs which translates to getting as many thumbs down as possible. I actually had to un-friend my mother and middle sister because they insisted on posting religious hogwash on my pages despite repeated requests to honor my beliefs and refrain from bible quotes and ludicrous Sunday school tripe. Neither of them have spoken to me since. Oh well....no great loss there.
03-14-2014, 01:42 AM

it is only your opinion that what they post is stupid and idiotic