This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will I be famous when I grow up?
03-14-2014, 06:03 AM
Will I be famous when I grow up?
I have a strong passion in modeling, dancing, acting, and i love writing.
i just don't know what it takes to succeed 100% like Beyonce or even Ariana Grande.
i already have the looks, and the height to model...i have a gifted talent to dance, but i don't know the proper techniques for singing and acting.

and most likely you get famous by singing or being in movies...please help? :*(

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 06:09 AM

Try getting into some singing and acting classes then find a talent agent.

Ads

03-14-2014, 06:21 AM

Yeah you are all but guaranteed not to be famous. I mean like by all means try but for sure have a strong back up plan.
03-14-2014, 06:24 AM

Never guaranteed. I wanna rap and possibly wrestle (Imma better rapper lol) but u can never know. Just practice at it and if it's meant to be it's meant to be. Best of luck
03-14-2014, 06:40 AM

Maybe...
03-14-2014, 06:46 AM

It is very difficult these days to get discovered and become famous. You really need to have something unique about yourself that makes you stand out and differentiates your talent from others. Even if that just means showcasing this talent in a unique manner.

I suggest that you start a youtube blog. Did you know Justin Bieber actually was discovered via Youtube? Even if you can't ever get to his level of popularity and fame, you will at least be able to develop a small fan base--and trust me, having a dedicated fan base can really boost your career. Look at Ariana Grande. If you compare her to Victoria Justice who was LEAD in the show, she has so many more followers on twitter and instagram. She's arguably even more famous than Victoria Justice because of the intense fan base she has.

Here are social media tips for you:
1. Get a twitter account. Use your real name as the screen name. Make sure you tweet regularly, post videos of you singing, interact with people.
2. Get an instagram. Show of your style...strive to be a fashion icon...or whatever it is that is unique about you. My friend is an amazing photographer, so she is always posting her photos. Make sure you use many (although appropriate) hashtags in order to get more followers.
3. If you can, start a blog.

Here are youtube tips for you:
1. Post videos regularly (whether it is every week, or 5 times a month)
2. Make sure you invest in a GOOD QUALITY camera. I cannot tell you how many times I've stumbled across videos with shitty quality. Even if the singer is amazing, I will skip the video if the quality is bad. Many aspiring artists on youtube have SLR cameras to film (although those can be pretty pricey... usually above $400). Do some research and I'm sure you can find something for less. If you are really serious about being famous, then I think you should try to get something a bit more pricey if it has good quality.
3.DO NOT ramble in videos. If someone on youtube sees a video saying "All the single ladies cover" then they expect to see a cover of the song...not like 3 minutes of the person rambling until they finally sing. People will just skip it. KEEP YOUR VIDEO SHORT AND SWEET.

Those are just BASIC tips. If you want to know more, you can easily google social media tips, how to get more followers, blogging basics, how to make a good youtube video, etc.

Getting to the point of Beyonce/Ariana Grande is extremely difficult. It's like one in a million, but if you are truly passionate about it, and very determined, then anything is possible. Just know that there is no such this as 100% success. Success is more of a self-concept. Each person defines their own version of success. And success doesn't happen without a lot of uphill mountains, so be prepared.

Good luck!