This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will someone please help me find the problem with my Facebook configuration?
10-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Will someone please help me find the problem with my Facebook configuration?
I have an OS X Lion Mac Book which is being temporarily lent out to me by my high school. Many of the options under the system preferences, like the date and time preference, as well as some things in the application folder, such as Adobe and Java, cannot be edited without my administrator's username and password. 3 days ago my computer ran out of charge and shut down. I'm usually really good with keeping my computer charged so I don't have to re-customize what I have control over, like my desktop picture and whatnot. Anyway, when my computer turned back on, a message popped up and told me that my date and time had been changed back to January 1st of 2008 and that this change could confuse many websites on the internet. But presently, it says January 2nd of 2001. Trying to log into regular websites like Facebook and Yahoo we're "untrusted connections", which I had to make security exceptions for. So now, Facebook and Yahoo appear almost primal. I can't check my notifications on Facebook or post anything at all. I can log in to Yahoo but that's about it. I'm doing this on my home PC. My school administrator refuses to fix any problems I may be having at home if it doesn't have academic purposes. I've included a picture of my Facebook page to maybe give you a visual aid to what the problem is. Does anyone know what this problem may be and if so, how I can fix it without a Adobe or Java update? Thanks!
Never mind, I couldn't find a way to add the screen shots I took, so I'll just describe it. Everything on "Facebook" is moved over to the left, and everything is highlighted in blue like a link, but clicking on it does absolutely nothing. There is a section that says "search", but it is completely unresponsive. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM

First of all go into control panel and set your time from there. !! if you are limited user and don't allow to set time then say to administrator to remove your account and create new. for home i will suggest you to install google chrome into your computer that will fix your all problems except time settings.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply