This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people have so many Facebook Friends?
03-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Why do people have so many Facebook Friends?
I have noticed that many of my friends that I had added onto facebook has like anywhere from 190+ to as high as the 1,200 mark.

I just barely have slightly over 150 and even I don't talk to many of them much except for the very few people that I talk to on there at least once a day to maybe once every few weeks here and there. So even I don't keep in contact with many of them obviously.

So why do people even add so many others on there? I know Facebook is a good way to keep in contact with others but seriously, come on.... do people seriously talk to every single one of them every single day or something? Or even remembered the person they had added very well at all?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 12:32 PM

I call it "Fakebook" for a reason.

Ads

03-14-2014, 12:42 PM

I often wonder that as well. It's not like they really KNOW all those people in real life. Well, I suppose that they COULD, but the possibility is pretty slim. I think that most people just add random people just to feel like they are special and they mean something.

For some people it's a popularity contest. They want to have the most Facebook friends.

I've always thought that Facebook was nothing more than the virtual version of High School.
03-14-2014, 12:56 PM

Because they have no good real life friends, so they posture using FB to show how many "friends" they have in a pathetic, "Look at me and how many friends I have, you know my life is awesome if I have 6000 friends on FB!" demonstration.
03-14-2014, 12:58 PM

Totally agree with you , they have no reason to add all these numbers , I think it is stupidity
03-14-2014, 01:09 PM

insecurities. want to feel popular because they doubt their friendships in life are real. I used to be that way. Now i have real friends, and am 2,631 friends less. Smile
03-14-2014, 01:10 PM

I add many people so they can see my posts and hopefully gain a little more wisdom. Those who like my posts I know have depth, and I can then pursue a friendship with them.

Peace, Love, Namaste~
03-14-2014, 01:24 PM

I don`t know...
Coz i hate Facebook....everything is fake there...
03-14-2014, 01:27 PM

In all reality, few of these people with over a few hundred "Facebook Friends" actually know, or even associate with them. If you have "friends" that you aren't sure why they are on your friend list, they obviously aren't friends are they? Another reason some people add so many "friends" is because they are gamers, and many facebook games require friends or friend help to move forward with a game.
03-14-2014, 01:43 PM

A lot of the Facebook friends has to do with going to school with them. Even if they never talked to them before they will friend request them as if they wanted to get to know them more or wanted to become friends with them. Many people tend to get their boyfriends and girlfriends through Facebook as well which could be through mutual friends or they could've added each other because they looked cute. If you become friends with someone popular or you look attractive in your profile picture you might get more friend requests.