This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'Truth is hate to those who hate the truth'. True or false?
03-14-2014, 05:39 PM
'Truth is hate to those who hate the truth'. True or false?
I was raised in and have recently come out of 'the endtime message', a cult of Christianity following the teachings of the late American false prophet William Branham. Social network groups and websites exposing the false prophecies, false teaching and false supernatural stories of this man have proliferated in the last two or so years and the remaining insiders who still follow the man have charged, among other things, that we who have seen the lies and trekked out of the group are 'haters' of William Branham.

In Facebook groups I have also often seen Jehovah's witnesses accuse ex witnesses of hate agains the watchtower and it has struck me how uniform the reaction of cults against their ex - members is. In short, ''Yo're haters!''

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 05:44 PM

Every cult demonizes those outside the cult, and especially those who leave.

Ads

03-14-2014, 05:54 PM

Yes.
Truth is verifiable and has evidence to back it.

That's why theists hate it so much.
03-14-2014, 05:57 PM

Incorrect.

Why you ask?

Well, to test this logically, you just have to alter terms and see if it still makes any sort of sense. Let's just change the noun first; it's the easiest.

"Dogs are hate to those who hate dogs."

This makes no sense....If I hate dogs, that doesn't magically transform all dogs (or any dog) into the emotion of hate. Nor does it make dogs hate me because I hate them. Nor does it even mean I perceive dogs as hating me just because I hate them.

If you changed this to:

"Truth is hateful to those who hate truth." That would make it a bit more plausible (though still logically incorrect).
03-14-2014, 06:00 PM

It does not have to be, however, some take that attitude.
03-14-2014, 06:02 PM

No truth are facts.

Please understand there is a difference between meanings and facts
03-14-2014, 06:16 PM

Schopenhauer said that truth goes thought stages. First it is ridicule then violent opposition and finally acceptance. Everyone wants to know the truth about anything except themselves. For the "truth" about themselves violates their sense of personal identity.
03-14-2014, 06:18 PM

If people hate those who leave their faith than they are wrong. We do not hate people we might hate their wrong acts, but not the people.
03-14-2014, 06:22 PM

.Ignorance.
03-14-2014, 06:31 PM

No, it is hate to those who do not know or do not want to know the truth. so that they can go on believing what ever they want to believe.