This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get a boy to talk to you more or ask you out?
03-14-2014, 07:25 PM
How to get a boy to talk to you more or ask you out?
I'm a senior in high school and I like this junior who plays on Varsity basketball. We don't have any classes together. I see him in the same spot everyday before class talking to the person that's in my class. I've congratulated him on twitter through messaging about his game before and he's responded. I even told him I was scared to talk to him and he said come say hi! When we finally did talk I got that tingly feeling in my stomach while talking so I knew I did like him. I asked him about basketball and he answered. It was a quick encounter and it was awkward ending it because we didn't even say bye to each other. We just walked side by side on our phones. I go to all of his games because I'm the manager too. Another problem is that this other girl, a freshman, likes him too and she plays on the freshman basketball team and they're the same number.... How do I get him to talk to me first? Or want to hang out? Or like me? I want to go to prom with him. Prom is in April. Please help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 07:36 PM

Talk to him and ask him out.

Ads

03-14-2014, 07:43 PM

Hi Brianna. Does that boy know that you on Twitter are the same you that has talked to him recently? Why not use that as a topic to talk about? If you feel a bit uncomfortable at school, with all of the other pupils being round, then why not build up more of a relationship on Twitter. If you do that then when you see him at school you might already be friends, and so you would not have trouble in finding something to talk about.

You still have about three months till your proms and so if you are tactful who knows what might happen if you are the first girl to ask him if he would like to go.. Maybe you could use that, but indirectly, as a topic to talk about - like one day just asking if he had ever been to one and then just see how things go. You could also just ask him directly if he would like to go for a drink on Saturday!

Hope you get what you want.
Richard
03-14-2014, 08:00 PM

Maybe next time you see eachother at a basketball game, break out of your shell a little and start a friendly conversation. Talk about how bored you will be on a night you know both of you wont be busy. Say you will have nothing to do and will just be sitting around all night. If he really wants to hang out with you, then he will askyou out. And if hes shy, just ask if he wants to see a movie or something, casually. Maybe If you keep on hanging out, you could mention prom sometime, about your dress your planning to wear, etc. Just be calm and dont rush into it
03-14-2014, 08:16 PM

by being around him most of the time.
03-14-2014, 08:18 PM

You should slide through his DMs and have a friendly conversation.
Then nonchalantly ask for his number or give him your number bc you "don't like having long conversations through your DMs"
Carry on your conversation, but don't seem too eager or awkward.
You'll soon build up a relationship, then ask if he wants to hang out with you. Either with a few people around or just yourselves.