This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you ever tried setting up a Facebook group?
03-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Have you ever tried setting up a Facebook group?
And was it successful?
And how do Facebook groups actually work?

Any ideas. Send me links of Starter Info if you have one.

Thanks in advance

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2014, 08:09 PM

yep, i've made one..it was quite successful lol.
basically you set one up, with the name, type, reason for group etc...can invite ur friends to join..etc
the groups available to the whole of facebook, but that depends on what setting you put it on. for example, you could put it on the setting: only people in my network can join.so the group would only be visible to people in ur network.
hope this has helped
if you want help makin one, just message me x

Ads

03-14-2014, 08:12 PM

Yes and it kinda sucked.
03-14-2014, 08:25 PM

Well hello there Smile

Yeah I did start a facebook group a while back. How successful a group is however is determined by what you would consider as successful (is it the number of members? is it how often things are updated?...etc). Right now the group has 76 members..

Well a group is basically a place where people could go to about a certain thing. See my group is about pets...in there you would find some topics in the discussion boards, several pictures in the photo album and even videos and such. All these are concerning different animals people might have as pets...
In the discussion boards, you could post a topic or a question or a thought, anything basically and then discuss it with the other members.
In the photos, you could upload pictures that has to do with the theme of your group, other members could do this too..
You could also upload videos you've taken yourself or ones from places such as youtube and such.

It basically could be a lot of fun if you have the luck of having interactive members..otherwise it might get boring...I'd say, give it a try, if you didn't like it, you could easily close down the group or leave it Smile

Invite a lot of friends, ask them to invite others, and see where it leads you to Smile

If you'd like, feel free to join my group Smile The name is Pet Lovers Around The World..
The link is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8522544818

Hope I'd see you there Smile