This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to fully stop my niece going on Facebook?
03-15-2014, 11:30 AM
how to fully stop my niece going on Facebook?
My 12 year old nice has been sending very Rude messages to people through Facebook My brother and his wife are running out of ways to stop her as some of the messages are very unpleasant when they've closed her account but she jus creates a new one they've blocked it on her home pc and on her phone but she goes to friends and does a new account using a false name if anyone can suggest anything be great!!!!! Please not stupid remarks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2014, 11:41 AM

um , therapy ? , or an actual discussion about why she is doing this , and try to resolve her anger towards he targets

Ads

03-15-2014, 11:52 AM

Not your problem. It is for her parents to solve. They seem to be incapable of controlling her which is sad. I would lock her in her room. But that's me.
03-15-2014, 12:02 PM

Talk to her. Ask her why she thinks it's okay to cyber attack someone like that. Perhaps she's dealing with bullying issues of her own. Maybe the people she's sending the messages to are hurting her, or maybe she was bullied without her family's knowledge in her past and now this is the only way she knows how to interact.

Don't try to just cut her off and assume it will do anything. The more you try to prevent something, the more you will see she will rebel to the power which takes away.

Even if she is 12, she can still be reasoned with. She still has empathy and emotion. Talk to her, if you can, show her how her messages affect the people she sends them to. Don't make her apologize until you have her side of the story, or you run the risk of forcing her to apologize to her tormentors. She'll never get over that.

Above all, respect her feelings of anger, but teach her better ways to deal with it.
03-15-2014, 12:05 PM

If you have a router you can block any traffic to Facebook or any website for that matter from your internet connection. No matter how many accounts she has. You can password protect the router so she can't change any settings in it also. If you don't have a router ask your internet provider if they can provide you with one. They can also help you set up the website blocking and passwords.
03-15-2014, 12:18 PM

Ground her, then she is unable to go to her friends
Ban her from using the computer at home unsupervised
Get her school to do a talk on social networking, bullying and appropriate behaviour
School computers are set so children cannot go on these sites so she can't use it there
Talk to her about bullying and how it makes people feel