This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How safe is myspace? 10 points for best + longest answer !!?
03-15-2014, 11:50 AM
How safe is myspace? 10 points for best + longest answer !!?
hi.
I have facebook, twitter, tumblr and stuff, and most people say that my space is really good but i've been told that you can't put your profile private, so is that true? Also, how cool is myspace? What can you do on it, or is it just something like facebook? If it is, My friends don't have myspace so I'm not gonna sign up for it.. haha, I just want one to meet cool people, but I'm not gonna put much about me on it, so .. is it safe? Best answer gets 10 points!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2014, 12:04 PM

Myspace is very safe, and more private than facebook even. However i wouldn't recommend myspace to anyone because it has changed too much and now it sucks. I hate myspace now, i used to like it way more than facebook, because it actually used to be better, But now its changing too much.

Ads

03-15-2014, 12:11 PM

Don't bother getting a myspace, it's a dead internet fad. It used to be the facebook of it's time, but generally now it's just for comedians, music promoters, and pedophiles. Facebook and myspace actually just announced a merger of sorts, and myspace is actually going to be donated just to promote people trying to break into the media (musicians and such) so it's not worth your time making one.
03-15-2014, 12:27 PM

ALL of the "social networking sites" have a security problem
some time, something will leak out (something that you would rather not be made public)
and so My advice to anyone considering getting on any of these sites,
is simply DON'T! ... Limit your on-line profile and manage your own INFORMATION,
and if that means also limiting your communication with your friends, ... what? they don't answer their phones? ... Give me a break!

Please note that
any bit of MAGIC
sufficiently well hyped
is indistinguishable from Technology!
03-15-2014, 12:36 PM

OK so i have used my space and i can tell you it is nothing to get excited about. It is a bit like bebo if you have ever used it, only i would say bebo is better. Very few ppl go on myspace any more. No you cannot set it to private or anything like that. It is pretty good for bands as it allows them to publicaly post their music and pictures in a way that is easy to view and navigate but for ppl facebook is sooo much better. You can them it and add graphical elements put bands you like on your page, stuff like that you get your own profile page that is custimizable and etc. It is ok but gets very boring after a while
03-15-2014, 12:52 PM

you CAN make your profile private on myspace by going here
http://www.myspace.com/my/settings/account/privacy and untick the box that says "profile viewable by everyone"

** it don't matter what site you use, you will find pedos everywhere, including facebook or any other social site **