This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
been talking to this guy on a social media site?
03-15-2014, 05:21 PM
been talking to this guy on a social media site?
Ive been talking to this guy on meetme, were both 17 and we have alot in common. I have been on that site for 5 months and have nvr met anyone in person due to trust issues and not being positive it was safe. But this guy im 100% positive hes who he says he is.we r both online schooled. At something poimt he want to meet. Is there a safe way to do this? Has anyone else done this?
My trust issues will likely never go away since theyre rooted in my childhood, due to a plethora of family issues.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2014, 05:27 PM

Well my recommendation is going out to eat, somewhere public like a pizza place or something like that, don't take rides, make sure you have your parents get you or something along those lines

Ads

03-15-2014, 05:37 PM

You should NOT be doing this as you have trust issues !!!
Spend all your time on letting them go and healing.
Until you can trust life will be hard for you.
Get working on them and stop being a victim to not trusting.
03-15-2014, 05:50 PM

How are you 100% positive he is who he says he is? Have you seen lots of pics of him or know somebody who is friends with him? I would ask to see him on Skype or web cam before meeting him. And if you do meet make sure its in a public place and don't be against taking a friend with you for safety purposes. If you have trust issues though then you really should be focusing on solving them and not dating.

** They can be cured if you seek therapy, otherwise they will stay with you and continue to cause problems in your relationships.
03-15-2014, 05:55 PM

If you are that sure that he is who he says he is, then you could try.

The safest bet. Meet somewhere VERY public. I've met someone online before as well and it's your safest bet.

Don't go anywhere where you don't know the area, if you're trust issues are that ingrained. Try to keep it in an area that you know. So he doesn't try to take you down a dark alley or something or somewhere where very few people travel.

A mall is a great bet. A restaurant that is popular and usually filled. A starbucks in the middle of a busy area, like in a min-mall area or something.

Good luck and be safe.
03-15-2014, 06:00 PM

Timothy and Jaco have given some good advice. I'd like to add to that.

Until you can learn to trust other people, regardless of what happened in your family, you will never have a successful relationship. Please find someone you can talk to, at church, school, or a valued relative or older friend (for instance, a friend of your parents in whom you can confide). You have to overcome this for everything you want in life, including a job, business transactions (when you're older and want to buy a car or house, for instance).

Healing can happen, but it sounds as though you need to face whatever hurt you and work through it.

As for meeting a boy who you "100% trust" that he's who he says he is, hmmm. I would not only meet him in public, but I would take someone with me. A friend, perhaps. If he's unwilling to meet you in public without a chaperone (aka, friend or parent), then he's not the kind of guy you want anyway. And with the number of fakers online, and stalkers, I would not go anywhere in his vehicle or with him alone until he's been "man" enough to meet your parents.

I wish you the best, and gentle healing.