This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to market a web page?
10-15-2012, 07:50 PM
How to market a web page?
I've been given the task of marketing a company web site. I am looking at blogs, facebook and utube. Are these the only options available to market this web site and for free in order to engage customers and increase chances in google searches? My job depends on this so I would appreciate any help.

Thank you all you yahoo answerers! I answer questions all the time too!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:58 PM

Set up several blogs: Blogger, Wordpress.com, hubpages, LiveJournal, Google Sites, and Wikipedia. Write 5 posts for each (I know, it sounds like a lot, but once you get rolling, it will be difficult to stop you).

Make sure the site has a blog, too. If the site is, http://www.yoursite.com/blog.

Set up a Facebook fan page and get a twitter account. Set up a Youtube account and some top tier article directory accounts (write 5 articles to each with links back to your site/blog).

Get a Hootsuite account and set it up so that every time you make a post to http://www.yoursite.com/blog, Hootsuite picks up the RSS feed and posts to both your Facebook fan page and twitter.

Now, with your 5 posts at each of those blogging sites, insert 1 to 3 links back to your main site and/or blog (different pages).

Get as many backlinks as you can: Forums, Facebook, twitter, digg, reddit, Mr Wong, etc. Use OnlyWire or some other social bookmarking tool to post links back to your site/blog.

The key is random backlinking to your main site/blog.

Link OUT from your main site/blog only to authority sites like wikipedia, yahoo, and google.

If you're a locally-focused business, make sure you show up on google places. Yahoo and bing have local directories, too.

All this stuff is "free." (In quotes because you have to spend TIME not money.)

There is a ton more you can do, but this is good for now.

Ads

Hi Dear,

Actually Youtube, facebook and blogs are the best options to start a marketing campaign. Creating fan pages in facebook will give a good traffic to your site. Make and update your blog regularly. If you have video what else you want. Videos are the most interactive media today. Make attractive videos, you can also used slides to make a video. Upload it in all the important video sharing sites.

Also make profile in twitter and linkedIn and join different groups related to your niche.

You also use classified ads to market your products.

These are the best ways to get traffic and market your product and services.

Put yourself forward as a guest blogger and write articles on popular sites. Use your key word phrases in those articles and in your link to more details on the same theme(same phrase must be located on your page). Make sure when visitors arrive on your page use good page links to your product and contact page.
Register with "Web of Trust" and have your site independently reviewed for trust value.
Increase your presence online in forums, networking.
Make sure that there is variation in your profiles so that each are unique and therefore indexed.
Bookmark on high ranking sites but not too many links from each, quality and variety.