This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I recently got a week without pay because I cursed twice on twitter, but other employees do to? FAIR? or NO?
03-16-2014, 04:54 AM
I recently got a week without pay because I cursed twice on twitter, but other employees do to? FAIR? or NO?
My boss was "creeping" on every employee that worked at out Bank. She solely picked me out from the numerous teenagers and chose to send me home on a friday and said that they are making me take a week off without pay because this is bad representation of the bank. However, that may have been wrong on my part, but when I got home I checked my co-workers pages and profiles and they had more vulgar language as well as pictures. Yet, they now will be working More hours that were mine. Is this fair? I understand that the web is public and what I posted can be seen by everyone. I have changed my privacy settings on both Facebook and twitter. But again, is this fair? Should I talk to her about it and asked why there are not being actions taken against the other employees?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2014, 04:58 AM

this is not fair ur could sue ur boss what u do in ur free time is ur buninsis i say to take it to court

Ads

03-16-2014, 05:02 AM

does she thing she is running kindergarten ?
03-16-2014, 05:08 AM

Legally they cannot punish you for something you did on your own time and does not have to do with your job. I would report her to the hr and labor board. Also remove her from all of your social networking sites.
03-16-2014, 05:20 AM

Welcome to the real world. Fair has nothing to do with work. She is making an example of you to the others. Live and learn to follow company policy and not worry about the others. Their actions have nothing to do with you.
03-16-2014, 05:25 AM

What in the hell does company policy have to do with what they do on their own time? They cussed on facebook? So what, they didn't bad bad mouth or even mention the company. Your post is pure ignorance. This is to the last answer.