This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it ok to ask my supervisor about a coworker's FB photo that I "shared"?
03-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Is it ok to ask my supervisor about a coworker's FB photo that I "shared"?
My coworker posted a photo on FB about a blue pill called Fukitol. It's pronounced Fvck it all, and ppl take it when their life sucks. I shared it on my timeline bc it was funny. The next day, a friend told me she'd get notified that I shared her photo. I panicked. She and I weren't friends on facebook and didn't even know I had a facebook. She didn't think I knew she had FB either. I figured she would hate me for intruding on her profile like that. When I worked that weekend, I ran this by my supervisor and asked her if my coworker would hate me. After telling me no that girl ain't gonna hate me and why she wouldn't, my supervisor asked me why I shared that with her. Now I'm confused. Don't companies have open door policies where workers share work related concerns? If this involved a coworker, doesn't that make it work related?

Did she react that way bc I accidentally said "Fvck it all" to her when I referred to that pill? And I said the word, not the letter.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2014, 03:50 PM

Grow a spine, you little wuss mouse. Is this really your problem or is your problem that you don't know how to assert yourself^! The whole thing just seems silly to me.

Ads

03-16-2014, 03:51 PM

You're making this way too complicated.

Go see the worker who's facebook post you shared. Tell her you found her page, saw that and thought it was funny, so you shared it. Then tell her you're sorry you intruded on her page when you weren't facebook friends.

Personally, if she had an open profile, she shouldn't care that you found it and shared something from it, but the whole activity does have a bit of a voyeuristic feel to it (that's why you're apologizing for intruding on her page).

Your supervisor is asking why you brought it up because she doesn't have any interest in what is, essentially, office gossip. Unless this has some adverse effect on your working relationship, it's of no interest to her.
03-16-2014, 03:52 PM

you're a nut case dear.

based on your previous questions, you need major help.

seek professional help if you already haven't.
03-16-2014, 04:04 PM

Nothing is work related if your NOT on the clock.

People need to stop with all the FB crap at work.