This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to keep from drifting?
03-16-2014, 08:23 PM
What is the best way to keep from drifting?
So my best friend of 4 years has been drifting from me lately. We barely talked over the summer, and so I sent her texts and emails around October asking her why she has been ignoring me. She just told me that her parents got mad, her electronics were taken away, and she can't text me until December. Also, she said that because of what happened in the end of the year last year between us, she was "ashamed" to talk to me. I believed her, but at the same time, I was suspicious. The email she said was sent from her laptop and her mom let her use it to check her email and that she was in the bathroom typing it (which her mom should be smart enough to figure out) and I knew that she was literately addicted to her phone. Well, I used my mom'sinstagram to check hers, and sure enough, she was posting a bunch of photos and selfies using her own iphone. To make matters worse, I found an external link for some lame questions site, and she was freely cursing and flirting with a bunch of guys (who are relatively disrespectful and rude) which she never did in front of me. Anyway, I confronted her about it through email (since we go to different schools and we dont see each other anymore) and she just told me excuses about them. After a series of replies, she told me that she knew she wasn't herself anymore and that she went through a lot over the summer which she would explain to me later and that she will change. I accepted that, and we started texting again, but she started to ignore me about 3 days ago. Oh and recently,she was given the privelege to use her phone again as she told me (but I think she was allowed before that and just didn't tell me). I feel like I'm the only one who cares any more and I'm the only one who's trying to keep us from falling apart. She used to tell me that I'm her best friend and that we will stay together forever, but she started to hang out with a bunch of guys and some girls (which I saw on instagram) and she never asked me to do that before and she even said that her parents didn't allow her to. I don't know if another confrontation is worth it. What should I do to keep us from falling apart?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2014, 08:29 PM

Thanks for answering my question Smile

I think she's going through a change. She wants to be someone different. Possibly because you two don't go to the same school anymore. And this 'different person' is apparently being a flirt and swearing.

However, you remind her of her 'old self'. She doesn't want that reminder anymore. She's purposely trying to ignore you.

To be honest, I don't think she's worth it anymore. Of course, I could be wrong about this ^^, but it seems right from my experience with friends like this. I would suggest making new friends. Or turning into a flirt and copying her yourself. But I don't know if that would work.

Try texting her a few more times and if she really doesn't seem to like it, then I would say move on. You can't force anyone to be your friend.

Ads

03-16-2014, 08:44 PM

I agree with Tori, except for the fact that I would not text her anymore. Your friend out grew you and you don't want her to see you as a pest or annoying. You sound like you were, emphasis on were, a good friend. She will hit you up when her new crew chew her up and spit her out.