This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are people idiotic globally, or is it mostly the United States?
03-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Are people idiotic globally, or is it mostly the United States?
So, I live in the Midwest, and have lived on the West Coast as well. I've also traveled quite a bit so I would say I have some global experience. I was born in Japan, and go there somewhat often. (every few years or so) I've also been to Canada, England, and Germany. Honestly, I think other countries are much more professional business-wise and people just seem less ignorant. I really don't care if you're going to give me hate for being unpatriotic or ignorant myself.
Honestly though, almost every "professional" I have worked with in the States have cancelled and changed plans and are late to important appointment 80% of the time.
Our education systems are down the drains, and all the majority of young people do is be addicted to social media. I would say were a nation that glorifies drugs and alcohol judging by our Hollywood "role models," and I can't even comment on the economy.

You can call me biased. I'm certainly not saying this is everybody, but a lot of people that I have known or know, a really good majority.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2014, 11:54 PM

Alright lets try not to put the worlds most powerful country down too much. I mean, we are still the best. But I would agree, the people in america are soft and irresponsible. They dont know what hardship is and they take everything for granted. This kind of hedonistic attitude comes from a more secular society with selfish ambitions. The problem is a lack of conservative and religious tradition.

Ads

03-17-2014, 12:01 AM

Yes, they are idiotic globally. So are overdramatic teenagers who say something like "I'd be happy any place but here" or "I didn't ASK to be born".
03-17-2014, 12:07 AM

I once asked a similar question on Answers after observing lots of very strange questions asked coming from the USA.
I received answers to my query mostly from Americans who pointed out that the trouble was the education system which only applied to the mainly populated areas. The general opinion was that due to the size of the USA many of the areas are of a somewhat remote nature and in these areas, known as the bible belt, much of the cultural conditions including education are under the control of local 'preachers' who have considerable influence, and this was the cause of some of the very primitive current beliefs.
This was very informative to be as I certainly had no idea as to any cause, but feel obliged to take the opinion of native Americans as knowing precisely what they are talking about.