This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why don't I get "likes" in facebook?
03-17-2014, 01:08 AM
Why don't I get "likes" in facebook?
Today, I post to my wall "Merry Christmas to everyone" and I get 2 likes. I see every other "Marry Christmas" post and they have 20-40 likes. When I upload a song I get no more than 3 likes, but usually I get 0 likes. My profile photos get about 10-15 likes and I'm definately above average in beauty.
Also, recently I like many many posts so I get some "likes" in exchange, but I get nothing... What is going on? Do I suck as a personality? I mean, it's Christmas, is it so hard to be polite and press the like button at least on a "Merry Christmas" post? This feels so lonely...
I know I shouldn't care about things like these, but who doesn't?
I have 330 friends
@SmartyPups: I looked every single post of the last 2 days, and the 2nd lowest Merry-Christmas-post was 8 likes. There was another one below 20 likes, but every single other post had more then 20 likes

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2014, 01:09 AM

Because other people have hundreds of friends they they don&#x27;

Ads

03-17-2014, 01:12 AM

Maybe because your posts are dull and unoriginal.
03-17-2014, 01:28 AM

i also don't get as many likes as i do like other peoples post, but don't get upset about it, you said you are better than others, may be they don't want to feel like pleasing you.. or may be they think of you as arrogant ...hooooo
03-17-2014, 01:33 AM

Well, first, there's a perception bias, because Facebook works by showing posts in your feed that have a lot of likes or comments. There will be a lot of other people out there than only have one or two likes such as yourself, but they won't appear in your feed next to those other ones that have 20 likes.

You can ask on your status. Post "I never seem to get any likes and it bums me out", and you'll probably get 12 likes.
03-17-2014, 01:35 AM

Facebook has changed the way statuses appear in the newsfeed, so unless you're getting a lot of likes and comments right away, your status may not even be showing up in your friends' feeds.

On the other hand, I see a lot of the stuff my friends post that get a lot of likes and comments, and most of it is trashy stuff (that could just be my friends though). I'm kind of glad I don't post stuff like that lol. I post quotes by people like the Founding Fathers and such, and I don't always get a lot of likes. So if you want a lot of likes maybe try posting dumb, funny, and trashy stuff.