This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My life is doing pretty bad?
03-17-2014, 04:45 AM
My life is doing pretty bad?
I'm 15, a male, and I live in a very small town with nothing to do. My family is really awkward towards me. My sister understands me, I guess. My mom's boyfriend isn't understanding at all--my mom is much either. I have myself. Basically, I just sit on my Xbox/laptop, and just watch my life pass me by. Today's Friday--yes, I'm on my laptop. I have a girlfriend as well, but she's always doing shows; she's in the drama club, and she's always hanging with her friends. I also get jealous when she posts pictures on Facebook. WE'RE LONG DISTANCE, BY THE WAY! I get jealous when she goes out too. It's like my life will be terrible until I'm 18. I'm caught up with all my schoolwork, so that's great, but I'm just jealous of all the people that have fun. I'm not poor, not rich--just middle class, I guess. I like to make raps in my spare time, think about how it would be if I performed it in front of a lot of people, and that's basically how I keep myself company when I'm alone. I'm a funny guy. For sure! I also hate going out, myself. I like making people mad, and I like making people's days, you know? Today, I donated $3.85 to a gamer that was live streaming because he seemed like a great guy! I don't know what to do..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2014, 05:01 AM

Check out Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs...http://donsnotes.com/mental/hierarchy-of-needs.html

You're unhappy because you only have the bottom two needs met. To be happy, you have to find ways of connecting with people.

Your girlfriend is in drama club.... why not find a couple of clubs at your school to join? Or a team. Or go to the library or community center to find out about other activities in your area... maybe there's a group of people who meet to play scrabble every week...or drop-in volleyball... or whatever other kind of crazy thing that may turn out to be more fun than you think. Or maybe you could find a church youth group. Or look for a volunteer opportunity... call the volunteer fire department or the local nursing home or the SPCA and ask if they have anything someone your age can help with.

As long as your time is all spent either alone or online... you'll feel lonely and sad. But if you put yourself out there... better, more interesting things will happen.

Good luck to you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply