This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much is 2GB of data on a contract per month?
03-17-2014, 04:52 AM
How much is 2GB of data on a contract per month?
Just signed up to a new contract and it says I've got 3G data but 2GB internet and I was wondering how many hours is 2GB in terms of not downloading anything but using: whats app, facebook/twitter, email, google maps and google itself. Also what does 3G mean ?

Thankyou for your help and a merry Christmas Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2014, 05:01 AM

3g means 3rd generation phone system.
Its main feature is video call and highspeed internet.
If u get two gb of three g data and use only those u mention
it may last for 20- 30 days. days. As 3g is fast, so data will end fast but heavy use will end it more fastly

Ads

03-17-2014, 05:04 AM

3G? Well it is a telecommunication technology. It is popular for the cellular mobile network i.e. UMTS and WCDMA. It offers about 10 times more speed of internet than your 2.5G EDGE did. I can explain you in detail about 3G, but I want to keep things non-technical.

2GB over 3G speed is very less in general. If you stick to what you have said and don't view too much of photos on facebook, whatsapp and attachments in email then it will last you long. I can very surely tell you that Whatsapp and BBM for Android are two messenger apps that use very minimum data. I was shocked to see that a full day use of whatsapp just needed little more than 15MB!! That includes the data somehow used by the OS as well!

A rough calculation is that you will end up using 80MB every day. That's the case with a regular user of those sites. Also considering that you will be a bit more active on the weekends, the plan will suffice for a month.

While calculating I have assumed that you are talking about Android mobile device and not about Apple or desktop usage; wherein the data used will be enormous.
03-17-2014, 05:08 AM

I am regular subscriber for Airtel 1GB plan 1 month. It is more than enough for me. But i am using this data plan only for email browsing and facebook. So 2GB is great, go for it.

Thanks.