This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the pros and cons of social networking sites such as facebook, myspace and twitter?
10-15-2012, 07:52 PM
What are the pros and cons of social networking sites such as facebook, myspace and twitter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:00 PM

Pros:
Keeping in touch with people.

Cons:
Staying on those sites all day long.
Forgetting what the outside world looks like.
Thinking that you have 10,000 "friends".
Kid's thinking they need to have one to have any friends.
Suicides.
Stalkers.
Psychopaths.
Murderers.
Pedophiles.

Ads

Facebook
Pros: keep in touch with people from school (and others)
Mafia Wars and participating on things with friends.
Cons: Stupid friends that send you dumb quizzes, fluffy animals and idiotic causes for you to join.

Myspace:
Pros: Ahh, custom HTML. Lots of people who love music
Cons: Crazy people and stupid comments.

Twitter:
Pro's: You can use all of it from your phone.
Cons: Idk, gaining a following isn't as interesting?

here's an extra one:
My Yearbook:
Pros Games that donate to charity and Match.
Cons: Lots of ugly people.

No pros. They're all pure cons that gives a huge contribution in the dumbing down of the United States. When Friendster came out nearly a decade ago, it was quite cool. But it all became really stupid when individuals started having 400 "friends" in there, yet they don't even keep in touch to 20% of that 400. MySpace came in, same scenario, with the addition of pedophiles lurking arount. Then, Facebook, which to me is just as stupid as MySpace, but it gives a "it's still okay to be a member of an online socializing network" feeling to middle-aged people looking some purpose to their boring useless lives. And now Twitter. Don't know much to say about that, but if don't even care what really happened to my missing beat-up pair of Chuck Taylor sneakers, I wouldn't even waste time to find out/read what Ashton Kutcher's ideas are. If you're wondering why some Europeans brand us Americans for being stupid, these social networking sites provides a clear answer. I'm pretty sure there are a number of people out there that have accounts to ALL of these social networks. Signing up for one is already stupid. But sign up for all of them and have the same friends in them? Now that's really STUPID.

Excellent question.

In a nutshell?

Twitter is far better and growing far faster than any other social network ever. Is it just a waste of time that is "dumbing America"? I think that depends on how you use it. But such is the case with any tool.

A hammer is a waste of time that is dumbing America if all you do with it is break people's windows.

But Twitter is so much more than all other social networks because it is quick, easy and yes even fun to use.

I happen to be holding a free teleseminar tonight on the topic of "Why Twitter"

Here are the details...
Why Twitter Teleseminar Today on TwitterTalk 9PM EST Call 218.844.8230 Code 531293#

Come here more about this exact topic.

The Body By Chocolates Man
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/BodyByChocolate

For me myspace is the best because you can decorate your page..Twitter and Facebook are just plain boring. The people you connect with don't hardly even log on as much as myspace..However, it just depends on what suits your needs more..

Knowledge seeker

These sites put us in touch with each other. They're like a pulse, which a website isn't as its too static.

Twitter has been used very much lately on the news, and its really a good medium. But the cons are that it takes a while to appreciate or even use properly.

For ecommerce its been a bit of a boost too. The other 2 I don't use.

But due to their longevity and their branding ie household names a lot of people are getting a great deal from them. So I'd give them all a tick.