This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Having a problem with iPhone 4 memory - HELP?
03-18-2014, 05:58 AM
Having a problem with iPhone 4 memory - HELP?
So i have an iPhone 4 - 8GB. Currently, I have deleted a lot of pictures off of my phone, now i have 356 photos (761MB) and 4 apps (Instagram (232MB), MyTubo (27.0 MB), Lost Friends (2.5 MB), and Twitter (25.6 MB)). I don't have any music on my phone. I wanted to update my phone to the iOS 7, but it says i need 2.9 GB in order to download it. I dont get it? Why is it saying I need 2.9 Gb when i barely have anything on my phone. It's really irritating because i can't do what I want on this stupid phone. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT PLEASE? If you need more details, I will be willing to give them to you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2014, 06:13 AM

do you have an sd card in phone? or maybe you have something like videoa. they take up storage. go on your settings and find your memory info. see what takes up all that memory.

Ads

03-18-2014, 06:14 AM

visit apple store or call apple care
03-18-2014, 06:18 AM

Hey, I feel your pain! My plan is for 6.3 GB, but when I add my data up, it&#x27;s only 921 MB. I think that your iPhone might be corrupted. These instructions aren&#x27;t crystal clear but they are basic.
1. Connect you iPhone to iTunes
2. Look at the data in &quot;Other&quot;, sometimes there will be useless crap in there that is just taking up your data.
3. If that doesn&#x27;t work, you have to back up ALL your apps, data, pics, etc., and set back your iPhone to factory settings. Then upload everything back to your iPhone.

I&#x27;d take a trip to the store to check it out as a precaution, but that&#x27;s pretty much it