This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think my instagram got hacked?
03-18-2014, 08:33 AM
I think my instagram got hacked?
So I went on instagram to find facebook friends because I connected my instagram account to my facebook account, and when I go find friends from facebook, there are people there that Im not friends with on facebook, I do know those people in real life and some of my friends have them on facebook, but I am not friends with them on fb but it has them on instagram..... and i am not following them on instagram either

and Ive only logged on to my instagram account off my phone and no one elses.....

Could someone have hacked my account and connected it to their facebook and thats why Im seeing these people there?

sorry this was kinda hard to explain

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2014, 08:46 AM

It is impossible for us to tell you if you were hacked or not. We do not have access to the logs of the website to enable us to do this.

If you think you have been hacked - the best advice is DO A FULL COMPUTER virus scan, change ALL passwords to all accounts - and delete everyone you do not know.

Ads

03-18-2014, 08:53 AM

quote from http://instagram.com/about/faq/

"How does privacy work?

We have adopted a follower model that means if you're "public" on Instagram, anyone can subscribe to follow your photos. We do, however, have a special private option. In this mode, a user can make sure he/she must approve all follow requests before they go through.

Who can see my photos?

All photos are public by default which means they are visible to anyone using Instagram or on the instagram.com website. If you choose to make your account private, then only people who follow you on Instagram will be able to see your photos".