This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are Twitter and Facebook? I hear they are full of privacy stealers? Even news stations say go to those?
03-19-2014, 10:20 AM
What are Twitter and Facebook? I hear they are full of privacy stealers? Even news stations say go to those?
I used to be on my space. I set my pop up blocker all the way up and when I clicked onto MySpace, I was immediatly greated by "Hello...my name" before I even signed in. I'd be affraid to try Twitter or Facebook because they might know who I am even before I sign in like MySpace was like for me. What are these sight about, stealing our privacy?
There are web sights that know what we click on and I read someone's answer on here that Norton can't detect things. I think Norton is fabulous.Some web sights embed their tracking to our registries. Like some newspapers. I do a cookie tracker scan and many news papers I look at on line are found in my registry on my pc, even when dis-connected to the internet. Some of this activity can be considered malware, and should not be sticking their noses into our personal web activity, but they do it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 10:22 AM

i think facebook is the most private, it only shows suggestions for friends from the same network, also no one knows you unless you allow it.

Ads

03-19-2014, 10:36 AM

You are paranoid. They already have your privacy. Every government agency with you SIN # and you DL...they know where you live, where you work what you do with your bank..what you owe. You might as well be around friends. No use fighting it. There is no such thing as privacy. It is the 21st century. Get with it.
03-19-2014, 10:51 AM

Read the book "1984" by George Orwell, and see the movie"1984".
Big Brother is watching.