This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Girls: how would you feel if a guy did this?
03-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Girls: how would you feel if a guy did this?
I'm an 18 year old guy, I went to visit my sister at uni, while I was there I met her housemates. When I met one of them we instantly bonded, we never stopped talking and as the night went on we never left each other's side. She was a great girl, she even made me breakfast in the morning without asking me but obviously I eventually had to go.

When I went I found out her on Facebook as my sister mentioned us both in a status and I added her, but because I'm a complete dumbass, I made a bad joke that was taken really badly for my first message and she didn't reply, then my sister later messaged me telling me to leave her alone.

Just today I decided it's probably best to apologise to her and make it clear that I didn't mean it how she took it. She replies back saying she knew it was a joke and it was ok, then we had a little chat together finally.

The thing is, the joke really was bad, I mean, I found the joke funny myself but if taken out of context and put the way they did, it was a really stupid idea. Which is why I felt I messed everything up.

So this is why I'm asking you girls how you would feel? I didn't joke about her or anything, but it was inappropriate, so how would you feel if a guy you really got along with popped up to you on Facebook days later with someone quite disturbing even though he meant it as a joke?
I feel like some people didn't even read the question. I did apologise so I don't need some apology letter and she did forgive me as result of the apology, she knew it was a joke.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2014, 05:22 PM

Well now I need to know... what was the joke you made?

Ads

03-19-2014, 05:28 PM

It depends on the joke but I would personally avoid this guy in the future.
03-19-2014, 05:30 PM

I would be put off by what you did, certainly. However, most girls are forgiving and if you show yourself to be a gentleman over time, she will look past it.
03-19-2014, 05:31 PM

If I knew it was a joke then It probably wouldn&#x27;t bother me, we all make mistakes even silly ones so I&#x27;m sure it is understandable if she is fine with it now I&#x27;m sure you shouldn&#x27;t worry just make sure she knows it was a joke and you realise how immature it is now Smile hope this helps Smile x
03-19-2014, 05:40 PM

It would be okay if it was not insulting me personally...and besides, if you get along, just an inappropriate joke is not such a big deal. But, as a guy, you need to keep in mind that girls are much different when it comes to behavior, and most of them like classy things...dirty jokes are usually not suitable for a lady....im not being sexist or something it&#x27;s just a well known fact that the two genders think differently...
03-19-2014, 05:51 PM

Depens on the joke, on a scale from one to ten, how disturbing was that joke?
03-19-2014, 05:59 PM

I would hold a grudge to the grave !!!!
03-19-2014, 06:16 PM

Here's an apology letter you can sendSmile I'm SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS MAN!

Dear, (woman)
I'm so sorry I sent you a joke. It was uncalled for an I was a little nervous and it can never happen again. I wanted to say also I have feelings for you and your an amazing person not by looks but with everything. Your perfect in my eyes (her name) please I'm begging you for one more chance. You and I could meet somewhere like get a pizza or a drink and you be honest what you thought. If humans have problems they need to solve them out by talking to each other. I know your an amazing girl!Smile you have a heart of pure gold you're amazing and wonderful and precious of all precious things. You have no guardian angel, cause angels don't watch other angelsSmile but it's weird they say angels are in Heaven but I found one here! I'm sorry I offended you please write back forgive me I made a mistake, apologize