This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i fix open tray error on my slim?
03-20-2014, 12:48 AM
how do i fix open tray error on my slim?
i had a 2006 model who unfortenatly got the same problem and it wont read the disk so i stored it and then my aunt who was so generous got a me a slim and then now this happens please how do i fix it i looked on youtube and plan on not hitting the xbox i get paranoid and think it might break so if you have any ways of helping me please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 12:59 AM

DO NOT HIT THE XBOX!!!!! Don't be an abusive asshole to your consoles! Tongue
I personally fix this issue all the time. (FYI: THIS VOIDS WARRANTY ON THE MACHINE)
Go get a T-10 Torque wrench and a t-8 torque wrench. Now, take off the faceplate off the xbox (it just pops off), The casing around the motherboard will have between 5-8 screws take all of those out using one of the torque wrenches. After those are out you will pop off the casing revealing the mother board,disc drive etc. Now the disc drive has a metal casing around it (usually, it may not on a slim) take off the casing, (REMEMBER: USE NON-MAGNETIZED SCREW DRIVERS! MAGNETS WILL SCREW IT UP!) Now the disc tray should be easily accessible. Take a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and dip the q-tip in the alcohol but make sure to wipe off any excess, you just want it damp, not dripping wet. GENTLY wipe the laser eye with it (do not touch laser eye with your fingers). (i also recommend using an air compressor to blow out the dirt and filth that is inside the machine ever 6-8 months to prevent overheating which is the #1 cause for RROD). Sometimes the Eye will get out of alignment and you will have to fix this. I hope this helps you out! If you do not want to ruin warranty it is a $70 fee to send it to Microsoft for them to fix it and it usually takes 6-8 weeks. <3

http://www.facebook.com/missXcrimson (my personal facebook page to ask questions such as this one)

ALSO: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE XBOX RROD. If rrod does happen i am terribly sorry (i have never had it happen) but that is the risk you take when not sending a machine back to the company for repairs.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply