This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook worth more than McDonalds?
10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Is Facebook worth more than McDonalds?
That's what I heard on the news this morning, that at $38 a share, Facebook has a higher market cap than McDonalds.

I really find that difficult to believe in the real world. Sure Facebooks has a Billion friends. But McDonalds sells billions of burgers each year, plus has huge assets.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM

well im not sure if you take into account there assets but as far as stock works facebook is worth more.

Ads

In the real world, I'm wondering if you are drunk or is this really a genuine question

Well McDonalds has a market capitalization of 92 Billion, while facebook will do its initial public offering at a little over 100 billion. They are VERY different companies in the sense that McDonalds has a huge amount of tangible assets while FB has intangibles to last for decades.
There are many unknowns when making a market valuation for a company like facebook, but that's what the market "thinks" its worth as of today. Let's see how their IPO plays out!

Facebook's Market Capitalization is 109.67Billion

McDonalds Market Capitalization is 92.05Billion

So from the stanpoint of the total value of the stock Facebook is worth more.

I wish death upon Facebook
I wish death upon your overfed fat american ass

During an interview years ago the founder of McDonalds said he is not really in the hamburger business, he is in the real estate business. That's how a failing K-Mart bought Sears: K-Mart realized it was sitting on a lot of expensive real estate.

What's facebook got? etherware; it produces nothing, you can't eat it and it exists only in people's minds. Now that everyone is cashing in and cashing out, I figure its days are numbered.