This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is an hourly pay rate for a product photographer?
03-20-2014, 01:45 AM
What is an hourly pay rate for a product photographer?
Im taking with an interior design company that sells vintage furniture, they are offering me a position as a assistant photographer doing all the product photos and social media photos. We slightly discussed an hourly pay rate. What would be a reasonable pay rate for something like that, working 20-40 hours a week?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 01:47 AM

Offer $10. Let them counter. Do not accept what someone calls standard. Standard is what you are willing to pay.

Ads

03-20-2014, 01:51 AM

Questions that seem more concerned with money just aren't for me...

Is it difficult to negotiate a wage..? is this your first job..?

Honestly thousands of kids out there would jump at the chance for a job in photography, so don't be too 'greedy'...The way i'd approach it is to set a 'probation' period that allows you to make sure that you are happy to continue working with the firm...and that also allows the firm to see that you are capable of delivering what they expect...after the probation period is met then i'm sure you could discuss any difficulties you are having with your wages...it doesn't always work in your favour, it lets a company see that you are reasonable though...and will help them assess if you are worth keeping on.