This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the points to be considered when creating a logo for my business?
03-20-2014, 07:11 AM
What are the points to be considered when creating a logo for my business?
I need to start selling my ebook in my website. For marketing i need facebook account and twitter account. Well many say that it would be better if i made a logo for my business. Also these social media needs profile photo for the pages i would create.

So, are there any restrictions to create a logo for my business? Do i need to buy license or copyrights or something like rules and regulations to accept ?

I dont have any idea! Please anyone help me!

Thanks in advance

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 07:25 AM

Your logo must be an original work of creative authorship to avoid copyright infringement by creating a derivative work based upon copyrighted designs of others. You can use materials from the public domain without risk (i.e., never was copyrighted or the copyright has expired).

Your trademark needs to be "distinctive" within your field and related fields to avoid creating a likelihood of confusion that your products might come from some other existing company.

Each eBook distributor has its own "terms and conditions" that you will need to carefully review (especially your rights and limitations on their rights, such as whether you can terminate the deal if you get a better offer somewhere else).

I don't have FB or twitter access, and don't want them, so I have no idea what their restrictions might be, or why anyone would bother going there for an ebook when simply using a web browser and search engine are more than sufficient for a lifetime.

You might need a license/registration from your local tax people, depending upon whether selling ebooks is taxable in your jurisdiction.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply