This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wolf hybrid or husky malamute?
03-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Wolf hybrid or husky malamute?
I have someone who i might get a dog from he says its a wolf malamute 68% timber wolf and 32% malamute.

What do you guys think

She is CKC registered
Continental

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576...16ed4.jpeg

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576...fcbcb.jpeg
Note: I own 2 Siberian Huskies AKC registered.

This is other pics of info on the dog. Let me know what you guys think.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576...d7245.jpeg

and

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576...1d292.jpeg

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 01:46 PM

CON KC means nothing. They would register the cell phone I'm typing this on as a whatever-doodle as long as I pay them.

If you want a dog and you're perfectly ok with a poorly bred mutt, there's thousands of homeless dogs rotting in shelters.

Ads

03-20-2014, 01:50 PM

A wolf hybrid makes a very poor pet.
03-20-2014, 02:00 PM

You have to be a VERY active person with lots of dog experience.

This dog will need to run every day. Got that? RUN! Every. Single. Day. Even when you are sick. Even when it's hot out. Even when there is snow up to your butt. This dog will need to run. For hours.

Got that?
You will need to take up jogging, or teach him to run next to a bicycle. You will need to get up early and go for a run, and you'll need to go for another run in the evening.

Can you commit to that?

You'll also need to have some dog experience. Wolf hybrids are not for beginners. You need to be able to train a difficult dog, set firm boundaries, and not back down.
03-20-2014, 02:05 PM

*IF* it has any wolf in it (and most breeders who advertise wolf-dogs actually have zero wolf content, they're just advertised that way so they can charge more money), then run away. Wolfdogs do not make good pets--they are half wild animal. If you adjust the stats for their rarity, they kill THREE TIMES as many humans as pit bulls do...

And yeah, Con KC is a sham registry that means nothing.

If you want something with a similar look, go to your local Humane Society and ask for a husky crossbred.
03-20-2014, 02:12 PM

Looks very wolfish to me! My neighbor has a wolf. It doesn't know its own name, doesn't respond to any commands and runs away whenever it gets the chance. Not much of a pet. My dad had one, too, years ago and it was the same way. They are only good for being "exotic" and not much else.
03-20-2014, 02:13 PM

Just where did this *someone* get their percentages from? Off the back of a Wheaties box? The CONtinental Kennel Club would register anything. Reputable registries ONLY register purebred dogs with generation upon generation pedigrees to back that up. Don't be a sucker like that *someone* hopes you will be.
03-20-2014, 02:24 PM

The Continental Kennel Club will register a pet rock and not worth the paper it is written on it started by puppy mills and BYB to make people think they where getting a registered dog. Before you get all excited you better find out if it is legal to own a wolf hybrid in your state without special permits. You will have to have special approved cage for it and in states that do allow the wolf hybrid the dog % must be higher than the wolf %.

Just because the guy says it is doesn't mean it is and it doesn't mean he has possessed the animal legally. The only true way you are going to know if the guy is telling you the truth is to do a DNA on the animal unless the guy has already done so and can show you the valid papers.

Think long and hard about wanting a hybrid. This is not a dog and can be very dangerous. Don't think that if you raise it from a pup that it will be like a dog, big mistake here. The wolf will eventually come out.
03-20-2014, 02:35 PM

Firstly - wolves and wolf hybrids make bad pets (just watch Fatal Attractions - a woman had a pack of them and they killed her)
Secondly - it is highly unlikely that the dog has any wolf in it at all. It is purely look based
Thirdly - I don't put much trust into registering pets. I don't know about all clubs etc but I do know that my 2 "Birman" kittens (who have all their paperwork, come from a show line etc) are potentially NOT what they are classed as - the breeder knew she was out of her depth and wanted to put these kittens to sleep. She admits she has no idea which kitten belongs to which queen and has even said one of her queens is a moggy anyways (birman cross something). But these are "purebred" cats according to their papers. But in reality, the paperwork could all be lies. Very easy to lie and not get caught out.
03-20-2014, 02:42 PM

So like, with these answers I think you get that it's a horrible idea. Wolves BELONG in the wild and not to be mixed with dogs. If you would like a dog go adopt one.