This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is wrong with my laptop?
03-20-2014, 04:21 PM
What is wrong with my laptop?
I got a broken laptop to see if I could fix it and it turns on fine but the screen doesnt. I tried plugging a monitor into it and the monitor just goes into standby mode but doesnt display anything so Im not sure if its the gpu or the screen. Its a hp compaq presario cq61 btw. If it is the gpu how do i fix it? I dont want to spend loads on repairing it either.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2014, 04:31 PM

Hello Philip,

Now in most cases this issue can relate to a bad GPU, but sometimes there is a function key that will allow you to switch to a external monitor, even though most of the time it should automatically detect the external if your laptop monitor is not working. If you could please provide the series that you have I will see if there is a option for you, if not then its most likely a bad GPU. If you could please provided whats after the cq61-XXXXXX so i can pin point what you exactly have to further help diagnose your issue.

Thank you!

Agent Johnathan M
Badge 64442
Advanced Repair Agent
Geek Squad Social Media Team
1/14/2014

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply