This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my boyfriend is dead set on us staying away from any social media but i want to be a singer so what do i do?
03-21-2014, 12:03 AM
my boyfriend is dead set on us staying away from any social media but i want to be a singer so what do i do?
before my boyfriend and I were together I used facebook and I had a life but when we got together it was like the minute he saw my facebook he instantly got jealous of everyone I talked to so he got one to and started picking at everything I do and then my cousin told him about my past which he wasn't even involved in and all of a sudden all social media is bad I cant use any of it, so my big question is how do I start getting my voice out there and heard

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 12:09 AM

Do what you want to do, not what he wants you to do. If he's trying ton control your life like that, it's not really the healthiest sounding of relationships

Ads

03-21-2014, 12:19 AM

Pick whichever is more important to you. Boyfriend or career. That being said you don't NEED social media to become a singer, and on the off chance you do become one, well you're going to end up meeting lots of different people, something your boyfriend has to accept.
03-21-2014, 12:25 AM

FB is the root of all teen drama, adult too.

Ban FB
03-21-2014, 12:37 AM

dump him immediately- he is too controlling and he isn't even married to you. He seems very insecure he will not be able to handle your eventual fame!!!
03-21-2014, 12:44 AM

This is an easy answer, but not so easy solution for you.

First of all, dump this kid. You seem young and full of dreams, you don't need someone holding you back. If he won't "let" you have a facebook, and if he goes and knit-picks at everything you so, he is incredibly insecure. It's not going to be easy, but it WILL be worth it.

Then, once you're done with that, search inside yourself as to why you let men take control of you. Perhaps you have unresolved issues with your father? Just a suggestion.
03-21-2014, 12:51 AM

Go to a proper site like Starnow.com, bandmix. or singerspro

You can create a profile and upload photos, videos and demos. this is not social media as only bookers, agents and other musicians looking for talent will access it.

The sites will also advise you of auditions and potential work local to you.
03-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Find a new boyfriend because he wants his way and if you want what you want he will be mad. He is selfish and not even your friend. You deserve better Go, and dump him.