This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone 4 Vs Droid Incredible Vs HTC Evo Vs MyTouch 3G Slide?
10-15-2012, 07:54 PM
iPhone 4 Vs Droid Incredible Vs HTC Evo Vs MyTouch 3G Slide?
I'm currently in the market to buy a new phone, but I'm uncertain which phone I should get. I was hoping that someone could help me with the pros and cons of the phones. I would primarily be using the phone for messaging (facebook and texting), media (music and streaming video), and basic web surfing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM

That's right, I've got 1 of those and it's really good. see the suggestions on links third and eighth over at http://www.cellphone-plans-guide.co.cc

Hope you found this as helpful as I did

Ads

I would choose an Android phone any day because on the iPhone:

-cant take out the battery
-no removable memory
-only Apple-approved apps
-cant customize your phone AT ALL
-no Flash support
-no widgets
-no custom ringtones
-no ringback tones
-cant transfer ANY files from a computer
-Android phones have better cameras
-Android phones have faster processors
-instant Android OTA software updates
-cant get service in an ATT store- have to find an Apple store
-works on ATTs horrible network
-no unlimited data
-lots of features of the new iPhone only work on WiFi

Android is miles ahead of Apple- with the new 4.0 software, Apple is only now letting people do things like add folders to their home screen and multitask, because GOD FORBID that anyone should be able to do that on their cell phone- OH NO!!! Oh, Android has been able to do both of those things ever since it came out. By the time Apple puts out a new iPhone, there’s already a better Android phone out 4 months later. Android is already selling more phones than Apple, and its only been out for a year and a half. By the end of the year, the Market will have 100,000 apps, which is more than the Apple Store had at its 2-year mark. Android’s open-source nature will always be more appealing to devs and phone manufacturers because they can market to every carrier, and dozens of phones, instead of 1 carrier and 1 phone. The possibilities are literally endless as far as Android is concerned, because ANYONE can make an app to do ANYTHING on the phone. With Apple, they have to approve every single app that goes into the Store. They wont even allow an app in if it says the word Android in it anywhere- how far do you really think they’re gonna go with that kind of closed-minded thinking?? I want to decide what goes on my phone, not the other way around..

So between the Android phones, I'd recommend the Incredible- T-Mobile's network is useless, and there's no point in getting the Evo if you don't live in a 4G area- especially since Sprint will charge you for 4G even if you don't live an a 4G area..

Definitely the Droid! From your post you say you're wanting it more for media and surfing than anything.

First, it's $100 cheaper..
Has more storage..
Better camera..
Faster software..
More customizable (You can't do much of anything with the iPhone)..
Replaceable battery with a quick-charge (iPhone takes 35% longer to make a full charge)
Probably one of the most important things about the Droid is the fact that is supports flash. A Lot of websites use flash for their videos, feeds, interactivity. the iPhone does not support flash at all, and never will.