This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you judge someone on how many facebook friends they have?
03-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Do you judge someone on how many facebook friends they have?
Say you met someone in real life and you sent them a facebook friend request and discovered they only had 3 or 4 friends on their facebook and they have had facebook for over 1 year,

Would you think this guy or girl is a loser and ditch them since it appears they don't have many friends.
I am asking this because I am finding it hard to make friends on facebook. I look up some people that I have met in real life a few years ago. I send them a personal message and friend request and get no response.

Like I get it if they do not want to be friends since they are ignoring my message but could it be because I only have 3 friends they think my profile is fake compared to many people who have 400+ friends

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 01:06 PM

Well ok...it really depends. So I personanly have 996? friends. ~1000 friends. I know only about 700ish. about 300 people I dont know. (it was for a game) when people look at me, they think im really popular. But its diffrent..when you se someone with 2000 friends thats the point that they have no life and just adding people for no reason. and if they have 3-4 friends on fb, then how often do they get on fb?

Ads

03-21-2014, 01:08 PM

I got rid of my facebook. I had 200+ friends. I didn't really talk to any of them. It's easy this way, not caring so much.
03-21-2014, 01:22 PM

of course not!!! That's lame. people who do that are airheads, just because a person has a thousand friends in facebook doesn't mean hes not a serial killer!
03-21-2014, 01:29 PM

this is why i hate things like facebook.

it litterally brings out the worst in people.

i dont have a facebook because i dont need to know i have 400 friends when i know i only 2 or 3 in real life.
03-21-2014, 01:32 PM

I would assume that your rarely on facebook depends on your updates lol but if you only had 4 friends I honestly would think your not really social. But I know people who add friends on facebook without even knowing them. Try finding your friends from school and build up the number of friends if your struggling with that.

BUT if that person is interested in you then they shouldn't be worried about how many friends you have.
03-21-2014, 01:36 PM

Of course. The more facebook friends you have, the more famous you are Big Grin (Also the less of a life you have since you probably don't know them after friend 89)
03-21-2014, 01:44 PM

I am more worried about people with hundreds of friends. This normally indicates they are either friending anyone that comes along, often getting accepted as that person has a problem getting friends, or because they lie and cheat to make themselves popular. Hitler had many friends for real, as he was a great talker. And look where he went.
03-21-2014, 01:54 PM

NO
they probably don't use facebook anymore or don't know who you are because on facebook people add others even if they don't even know who the hell someone is because they just want more friends
people will do anything to get friends on facebook
03-21-2014, 02:06 PM

This is quality vs. quantity. What are you trying to achieve by having Facebook friends? Many people try to impress others and boost their own ego by having hundreds if not thousands of FB friends. It may mean that indeed they are very popular. But if you're goal is to keep in touch with people then quantity is better.

I met this person who was really nice and I became FB friends. Turns out she had over a 1000 friends. I wasn't turned off but was discourage because there was no way with that many friends she would have the time to hang out or even have the time to keep up with people reading their comments and viewing their pictures.