This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I listen to my friend's advice or trust my own intuition?
03-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Should I listen to my friend's advice or trust my own intuition?
I've liked this one girl throughout all of high school. But actually in 9th grade, she caught my attention from the first day and I could talk to her and her friend a few times because we sat near each other in one class. I never actively pursued her until 10th grade but when I did start showing more interest in her such as sitting next to her in class, saying hi to her in the hallway, sharing my lunch with her, and being friendly to her group of friends, she slowly stopped being nice and would end our conversations even when I tried asking open-ended questions for her talk more about herself. I can kind of understand this though because we are both similar as introverted people to begin with and I began to become more silent and awkward which made it worse for the few times I sat with her friends at lunch. On Valentine's Day, I sent her an anonymous rose but never revealed myself. I can't say I really knew her well enough as a friend but fast forward a year into 11th grade things remained complicated and unclear but I still decided to do a similar thing on Valentine's Day come off anon and confess to her. I made an Origami Rose which would never wilt and I sent her chocolates that the school was offering. On that day, I meant to see her after school but when I went,her friend told me a white lie that she already had a boyfriend and I couldn't see her because she was at an afterschool club. Part of me was in denial because I was so sure that she did not have a boyfriend since I had also found out her Tumblr at the end of 10th grade and followed her posts there. She had been posting how she never had something special or cute happen to her which was the whole reason I decided to confess to her that day. But I also couldn't read between the lines and I didn't have a reason not to trust her friend so I believed her. It was my first time confessing and I never realized saying you have a boyfriend is an easy way out. So I messed up and asked if her friend could give the rose I made to her and handed it to her. On my way out to leave, I was already really frustrated and I saw her coming to her locker with her other friends but I was stubborn and pulled her out to tell her my feelings. In the end, I barely said anything because I choked and there was nothing I could say without interfering with the relationship I thought she had so I rudely walked away. Two weeks later, I was still embarassed, hurt, and confused so out of impulse I made things worse while searching for answers. I hacked into her email and facebook which she recovered but I still read only all of her messages to boys hoping to learn who the person she had was. I was right and he didn't exist but I've still had her email this whole time. After this I continued to become more cold towards her and her friends who used to be so welcoming by avoiding them and ignoring them. I believed it was over but I still wanted to find a way to fix my relationship with her. I hoped to fix things at the start of senior year but her new hipster look was also surprising and stunning and I couldn't get myself to talk to her normally while I was guilty of hacking and also being her Tumblr anon for almost 2 years. I should've told her sooner and sought help sooner but I did not come up with any ideas until around new year. My resolution is to apologize to her but my friends and the people I've sought advice from told me to just let her go. I think I am willing to let her go if she doesn't forgive me but if she can I'd like to start over. Right now, I think I could talk to her easier if I didn't have to worry about touching topics I shouldn't know about that would reveal what I did. Her facebook is locked but I want to give her back the password to her email and for my apology it isn't enough but I baked her cookies and I want to play her the song the scientist by coldplay which is one of the bands she likes but it would be easier to record for youtube rather than play it in real life so i dont mess up again. There might be a big obsessive psychopathic creep factor in all that I've done and with what I plan to do but people seem to believe that I really do care about her. is putting myself and my reputation first above a relationship I truly value that important? Should I apologize for invading her privacy, treating her coldly, and reveal that I'm her tumblr anon and take the next step depending on her answer or should I just not do it all together and move on? I believe apologizing even after a year and even though I never got caught is the right thing to do and its what I think both my heart and mind agree on for once but I'm not too sure about the way I'll go about doing it and everyone else so far has told me to just let her go and keep it to myself. It haunts me and she has really affected my life and who I’ve become. What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 07:40 PM

I think a little bit of both because I feel like it best to figure things out on your own but take your friend advice partly

Ads

03-21-2014, 07:51 PM

I had the same problem but without the hole hacking thing. Just trust your gut bro, risk it.
03-21-2014, 07:55 PM

Never trust you intuition. That&#x27;s what I have learned from life.