This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Care to explain what Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Facebook are?
03-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Care to explain what Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Facebook are?
Obviously this question sounds a bit odd coming from a 17-year-old girl seeing as most would assume I use all of these social media sights. But, I'm not really sure what the point is. Take Twitter for example. I just don't see what's so cool about snapping selfies, pictures of what I'm having for dinner and quoting other people. Maybe it's just me. It's just hard though because evryone at school is telling me to get make Twitter and Instagram accounts, and when I say I don't even know how Facebook works they look at me like I'm from another planet. Oh, and I'm just gonna add that I'm not from America, I only came here a few years ago, but I'm not sure that makes much difference because other countries have social media too.

So, if anyone cares to just explain exactly what these sights to me. also, please don't call me stupid even though I do feel kinda stupid being behind on the trends. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2014, 11:52 PM

social networking sites created to increase ur social interaction sometimes provide u latest news updates and information and for time pass or enjoyment ..........

Ads

03-22-2014, 12:01 AM

"Take Twitter for example. I just don't see what's so cool about snapping selfies, pictures of what I'm having for dinner and quoting other people. "

Thats just what stupid, self absorbed people use it for. There are other uses.

For example, authors, athletes, politicians, and other "people of interest" use it to keep in touch with their fans and share information. Organizations like World Wildlife Fund use it to keep members updated on relevant issues before congress.

So you can follow interesting people and have a source of info and news that is totally different from what the media gives you. Try following, for example, @RichardDawkins, @MMFlint, @PeterSinger, and @FilthyRichmond
03-22-2014, 12:05 AM

First of all, sites not sights.
Social networking sites are where users let their "followers" or "friends" know what they have done and are doing.