This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Teenage Action and romance in guys POV books?
03-22-2014, 01:24 AM
Teenage Action and romance in guys POV books?
Ok so I'm a 13 year old boy. So I'm reading The Maze Runner series I absolutely love the thrilling action with a hint of romance. I also read James Dashners Eye of the Mind which was amazing since I love video games. I get stuck into reading action with romance books.
Only in a guys POV. It has to have action and lean a little bit on fiction maybe relistic fiction. I have read the Alex Rider series and that hint of romance is also thrilling up the action. Remember action/thriller with romance in a gut teenage maybe young adult POV

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2014, 01:30 AM

That sounds a lot like the book I am writing, "On The Other Side". It's about a boy (about thirteen) who is part of a band of rebels plotting to overthrow his country's government. The story is mostly about the rebels fighting to win the war, and it's kind of a coming-of-age story, but he also falls seriously in love as a subplot. The twist is that the girl is from the enemy side (they met while he was a prisoner-of-war). Later on in the story, she is forced into a marriage with an abusive guy, who the main character almost kills.

Ads

03-22-2014, 01:33 AM

The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan is also good.
03-22-2014, 01:45 AM

I am number 4 series
gregor the overlander
eragon
03-22-2014, 01:46 AM

Try the JASON STEED series, by Mark A. Cooper. It's as good as ALex Rider, but maybe more action, book 1 is called Fledgling Jason Steed, Jason has a sweet cupid romance with Catherine, it's innocent and clean, book 2, they kiss when they meet but no heavy stuff. However Jason has to rescue a girl his age and they have to run for their lives, they get very close. The series is good, the romance does not steal away from the plot. Just expect a little more than what you had with Alex and Sabrina, but more action.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/133145299
03-22-2014, 01:53 AM

Fledgling Jason Steed by Mark A. Cooper. You almost wrote it asking for what you asked for. There are so far 3 books in the series.
03-22-2014, 02:03 AM

You practically ask for the Jason Steed series, I think they are better than Alex Rider, so far 3 books published,
1. Fledgling Jason Steed
2. Revenge Jason Steed
3. Jason Steed Absolutely Nothing

There is a facebook sire/group for all young Adult spy novels like Alex Rider / Jason Steed

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Teen-...2575076886
03-22-2014, 02:17 AM

Jason Steed Series.
03-22-2014, 02:29 AM

Looks like you have your answer; Jason Steed. The Young James Bond series is ok, but romance does not start until the very last book in the series. 'By Royal Command" But the rest is good. CHERUB is another series, about teen spies a little romance, all good but none are as good as Alex Rider or Jason Steed.
03-22-2014, 02:30 AM

Lots of good suggestions here. I'll add another one: Read The False Prince, which is the first book in the Ascendence Trilogy by Jennifer A. Neilson. It takes place in a fantasy world similar to a medieval times in a fictitious kingdom.

Someone mentioned I Am Number Four series. Also very good. It has aliens in it (good and bad ones) and some romance, too.