This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how legally binding are the disclosures people place on their facebook pages?
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
how legally binding are the disclosures people place on their facebook pages?
I've seen disclosures stating the personal info on their sites is "privileged and confidential information" and so forth and threaten legal action against anyone referencing the internal contents. Are these disclosures valid?
This is interesting. If the information is public I would see reasoning. If however, the settings are all set to Private, and the user achieves information by malicious means, then in this case the information would have been secured purposely enough by the owner (from the public view) to warrant assumption of privacy.

Is anyone aware of any real-life court cases?

saludos and Thank you for your Time.
in the above edit by (user) I meant someone trying to access and use another person's information set to Private and with publicly posted Privacy disclosure

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Not remotely.

This is the equivalent of calling someone a peeper, when you've chosen to get naked on your front lawn and run through the sprinkler. You can't choose to disclose information publicly, while claiming an exclusive right to that information.

Ads

10-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Those disclosures have no effect. Even if someone filed for copyright to protect the contents of the page, fair use doctrine would still allow disclosure.