This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to eaisily track someones ip adress?
03-22-2014, 10:22 PM
how to eaisily track someones ip adress?
ok so there has been a fake account on facebook and they have been sending me rude messages and stuff i know for sure that they go to my school and im pretty sure i know who it is but i want to make sure i just want to track the ip adress so i can find out please help???? like is there a special thing on there facebook or something?
also i am not using this for stalker purposes or anything i simply want to find out who it is

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2014, 10:33 PM

To be honest you should really just inform the proper authorities and let them handle this.

There no real legal way for you to track someones ip adress... at least without their digression.

Ads

03-22-2014, 10:46 PM

The IP address would be useless to you. Even if you could get it - which you can't.
03-22-2014, 10:53 PM

As George mentioned.....the proper authorities should be contacted.

There are ways of gaining people's IP Addresses....on several websites of mine IP's of users are stored for security reasons.

Even with the IP it is near impossible to locate the address. (Ip trackers online offer no help).

You would have to contact that individuals ISP who only give out sensitive data like that to the police.
03-22-2014, 11:06 PM

Easy.
Get a court order requiring facebook to give you that users IP address.
03-22-2014, 11:10 PM

There are ways to get it. But even if you got it you can track it only to the general city and that's about it so unless you parents work from the CIA the IP address would be useless to you its better just to report it or block the account Because only the police have the proper resources to track it.
03-22-2014, 11:17 PM

First off, you can't get their IP from facebook as they won't give it without a court order. Secondly, the IP address will only give a location within 5-20 miles of where they live and that is assuming no proxies/ip funny business.

EDIT: Either you can sneak the info out of them or you can contact the authorities if it is major. Nothing else can be done.