This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help me understand Twitter ?
09-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Help me understand Twitter ?
I don't understand how to use Twitter!
Why can random people 'follow' you?
What is 'follow friday' ?
How can you send 'direct messages' ?
Please help me!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 09:03 PM

sorry, it's like the blind leading the blind, I have no concept of what the hoopla is about twitter, twittering, hootering, hollering or whatever, lol, it's kinda stupid if you ask me, but hey a lot of people think it's cool, so what do I know? lol

Ads

"following" you simply means those people want to read your posts. This is the whole point of it.

I have to say though, I really don't see the point of Twitter. I signed up and deleted my account in the space of 10 minutes.

You should post the question on your twitter page. I've been on board for a month or so. I still don't get what's going on. But it's kinda interesting seeing what people are doing 24/24. That's only if you like them..or have nothing better to do.

Anybody can follow anyone, though you can block someone if you're so inclined. Among others, I am following a college professor, a newspaper reporter, and the Queen of Jordan.

#followfriday is simply a way to recommend people you think deserve more followers.

You can send a direct message to anyone who's following you: sign in, pull up your list, scroll down to his name, mouse over the little icon on the right, and select Direct Message.