This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When is a good time to add someone as a facebook friend?
03-23-2014, 05:12 AM
When is a good time to add someone as a facebook friend?
I was talking to this girl at work for 5 minutes in another department and I would really like to talk to her again. I am a facebook dummy and don't really know when is the right time to add someone as a friend on facebook. Do I ask her first in person if she wants to be facebook friends or do I just add her without saying anything? I am afraid she will reject me as a facebook friend and don't know what to do.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 05:13 AM

Just add her. You don't need permission to add anybody. If she rejects you, then it's her loss.

Ads

03-23-2014, 05:19 AM

Try talking to her again, and try to slip in the conversation "Hey, do you have a Facebook?"
Then, you can go from there. I did that to my new neighbor(:
I was like, "He is so freaking hot! I wonder if he has a Facebook."
One day we were talking and I got the chance to ask.
He said "I do! You should add me!"
It's just that simple. Don't think too much about it.
Good luck, hun(:
03-23-2014, 05:33 AM

What I'd say is go over and say a friendly hi next time you're round that department.
Being friendly in reality will aid your chances of her accepting your request.
Once you have greeted her at least a second time there is no reason you shouldn't add her on facebook.
Another thing to look out for is mutual friends - it's not a necessity to have any but if you do it's a confidence booster when adding people on facebook.

Really, the worst that can happen is a rejection, and that might not mean anything when it comes to reality.
Check if she has other co-workers on facebook as some people might not like to have the office haunt them after work Wink

But mostly : go ahead and add her!