This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
considering upgrading my t mobil phone?
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
considering upgrading my t mobil phone?
I am wanting to up grade my phone I was just wondering and looking for input on what you all think is the better phone LG Optimus T™ with Google™,T-Mobile Sidekick® 4G,Nokia Lumia 710 , I like to text ,google ,facebook, and market downloads

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:03 PM

TMOBILE SUCKS BUTT.

Ads

10-15-2012, 08:03 PM

That's a tough one. At the moment, I would suggest reading reviews on each of the phones if you haven't already. Not only that, but find information on the types of system they use. For example, android phones are great for people who like to develop and customize software; Windows phone 7.5 is great for people who like to stay connected to social sites like facebook, twitter, and linkedin.

I have the Lumia 710, and it's not too bad. If you've ever owned the ipod touch or used it, the texting is very very similar, maybe even a bit better. It doesn't have swipe texting though, at least not at the moment. I don't know much about the other phones so I won't touch on them.

Market downloads... the Windows Phone marketplace is still small, and several actually cost something (generally $0.99 for the most). There are many free apps that will most likely meet what you're looking for, or at least provide an alternative. In the end, it is still growing.

I've connected my facebook and it implements it very well with my contacts. If you have a friend on facebook named John Doe, and you have a contact on your phone with the exact same name, the phone will consolidate them into one contact on your phone. If you click on his name on your contact list, you will be able to call his phone, text him, write on his facebook wall, send email (if he provided it), etc... The one thing I know you can't do for sure at the moment is private message your contact on their facebook. This might be a problem if you don't have his cellphone number.

It doesn't use google though... it uses Bing instead. What you can do is use the internet and go to the google page on your phone, and you'll be able to pin the url onto your start screen. It'll pretty much be a direct link to the google search. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Anyway, the best thing to do is to try it out in store. After everything I said, you might not find it as the phone you're looking for, or you might find it as the perfect phone to upgrade to.