This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your reaction to TNA filing a Complaint against Scott Steiner?
03-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Your reaction to TNA filing a Complaint against Scott Steiner?
A Twitter feud between pro wrestlers Scott Steiner and Hulk Hogan has spilled over into a Davidson County courtroom.

Nashville-based Total Nonstop Action Entertainment, who Hogan works for, filed a verified complaint Monday in Chancery Court asking for an injunction to stop Steiner’s “disparaging remarks.” Steiner made headlines on wrestling blogs and websites in April when he launched a social media campaign to “save” TNA.

In a series of tweets, Steiner bashed TNA, Hogan, and TNA wrestling booker Eric Bischoff. In additional to critical, sometimes profane, comments on Twitter, Steiner called TNA “bush league” and compared them to the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling organization.

TNA is claiming that Steiner’s comments violate a contract he signed with them in December 2010. The contract specifically stipulates that Steiner is forbidden from making public statements, including tweeting, concerning TNA or any of its officers, wrestlers, or other individuals without prior approval. TNA claims those acts constitute a breach of contract.

“In blatant disregard of the parties’ Agreement, Steiner has engaged in a concerted effort to disparage TNA, its wrestlers, and other talent and cast them in a negative light,” the lawsuit stated.

TNA formally demanded that Steiner stop the tweets on May 10.

Steiner responded on May 15: “Havent tweeted lately bcuz I got a letter from a lawyer representing hogan n [Bischoff] basically saying... They take my tweets seriously and if threats continue they will take to law enforcement....really hogan my.. Tweets scare you,Ive said worse in interviews on tv,LOL.”

After the official notice, Steiner also took shots at Hogan’s daughter, Brooke, whom he called a whore on Twitter.

Steiner, who turns 50 next month, has more than 54,000 followers on Twitter. According to his contract, he was paid $2,500 per pay-per-view performance during his time with TNA.

The lawsuit by TNA accuses Steiner of breach of contract and asks for injunctive relief. TNA hasn’t, however, filed an order for injunction, so no hearing on that matter has been set.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/ci...n-co-court

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 08:53 AM

Scott Steiner, even though he's a lunatic, he has a point in what he says about Hogan and Bischoff.

Ads

03-23-2014, 09:09 AM

TNA are creating their own downfall by acting this way, TNA have a lot of great talent & they do utilise their talent quite a bit but the product is still very amateur looking & is definitely no where near anything close to WWE.

That said, I think Hogan doesn't like to take criticism well, I can understand he gets frustrated as he's always facing it from one place or another but a lot of the things he's created himself, he's very two faced & he actually degrades wrestling fans to be honest, he doesn't know & understand the wrestling world as most wrestlers do as he was never trained as a wrestler the way most of the superstars were, you could never see Hogan in Stu Harts dungeon for example, this is why he got the nickname Hollywood (which he even used himself so it shows he didn't realise where this came from lol), plus he never liked to put anyone over without good reason, however he DID put The Mountie over once after what he did to Dynamite Kid (something many people wanted) & he DID play a big part in WWE when it come to taking it mainstream, so you can't totally knock the guy but theirs a lot of things about Hogan that the stick & lack of credit he gets is actually pretty justified, something Hogan has never really liked.

TNA won't win this, it's pathetic, theirs a thing called free speech in this world & it's barely slander either what Steiners said, hogan needs to just take it on the chin & move on or block him on Twitter, is is pretty simple really.
03-23-2014, 09:22 AM

ooooo gurhl. But, why is he gonna' attack Brooke? Sounds kinda' childish.
03-23-2014, 09:33 AM

"Twitter feud". **Puts head in hand and shakes head sadly**

Being a bit more serious though (or, as serious as I can make myself be when talking about a "twitter feud"), Scott Steiner is an idiot. He's acted this way during his entire time with TNA, and long before that with the WWE and WCW. You know why he continues to act this way? Because for whatever reason, people in power in wrestling continue to pay attention to him encourage his actions. Seriously, it's like a five-year old on the playground.

This is professional wrestling we're talking about, where it's stars (especially the guys who were famous in the 90's when relentless self-promotion could help you get a better contract) have always been desperate to stand out and get noticed. Steiner has been guilty of that since at least 1999. He pulled stupid stunts like this in WCW all the time (and I mean that almost literally. All the time) and it translated into the biggest push of his career. He made stupid "shoot" comments seemingly every week, said things that often boiled over in the locker room and resulted in real fights (the most famous, or infamous, being with Diamond Dallas Page) and what did WCW, the company led by Eric freaking Bischoff, do? They kept pushing him as their world champion and made him the main event of Starrcade.

Now that Steiner is pushing 50, has washed out of TNA and WWE wanting nothing to do with him, he has very few real options left. So he tries to do what he's always done to get attention for himself by needling Hulk Hogan and Bischoff. AND THEY KEEP PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM! I have no doubt that Steiner is praying that this will result in some sort of "money match" between him and Hogan (not sure who'd pay to see that, but still) and a longer run in TNA again.

If Hogan and Bischoff had any sense (it's not planned either. Real lawyers don't file real injunctions in real courts based on wrestling angles. That's a fast way to get disbarred) they would just ignore him, like our teachers taught us to do in Kindergarten.
03-23-2014, 09:47 AM

Im filing a Complaint against tna for kicking me out. didnt know public farting was illegal.
03-23-2014, 09:54 AM

I could care less!
03-23-2014, 10:04 AM

Tna sucks.
03-23-2014, 10:13 AM

I think it is funny as soon as TNA make the complaint WWE put him on there web site.

can you answer my other questions.