This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do employers see facebook pages?
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
How do employers see facebook pages?
Everyone tells me to change my name on facebook when I'm job hunting because employers can see my information, even if I am using extremely tight security settings. How do they do it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Search u

Ads

If your privacy settings aren't tight then yes. But if your security settings are tight enough then no. Although, facebook is still happy to release extremely detailed information about you to advertisers. However there are risks of people being able to get in under the guise of a friend of a friend. Do you know everyone you've friended? If not there is always the risk. Apparently 70% of employers have admitted to using facebook to help eliminate candidates. Not nice behavior at all. If you're really in need of the job, you may wish to open up a facebook page under a pseudonym in order to protect yourself further.

Also ensure you cant be searched aswell. Its in privacy somewhere.

They can find you under the search,But here is a way to totally prevent this from ever happening.

There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find your page, copy the URL and then go to the bottom right of the page and click on the Privacy link to remove yourself.